what should i do when my japanese maple is sun burned

Drcuisine

Yamadori
Reaction score
Use maple sun screen or shade cloth. If young leaves have not been exposed to strong sun they need to do so gradually. In general JM don’t like intense sun or heat. You can trim or de-leaf burned leaves. Pick the correct spot for the rest of the season so it does not get worse

16_teenbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Use maple sun screen or shade cloth. If young leaves have not been exposed to strong sun they need to do so gradually. In general JM don’t like intense sun or heat. You can trim or de-leaf burned leaves. Pick the correct spot for the rest of the season so it does not get worse

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Greetings newcomer! Welcome Aboard!

A couple things we usually need to see to give you the best help. First photos. So we can see what you are dealing with, Second the situation where you are growing the tree. Third the approximate where you are growing the tree. Finally the name of the maple if possible.

To help, please double click your icon on the top of the hime page and enter this information and your USDA zone. Then we can give you much better advice.

cheers
DSD sends

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I believe their profile says India, as in the country. I could believe it's a lot warmer over there right now.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
India…bud place…. where in India? Srinagar, Mumbai, Hyderabad?

. Ok, I’ll bite. ”Burnt leaves” can indicate a number of issues. Underwatering, Roots (overwatering) , fertilizer (too much) or sun (too much). It could be any one, two or any three together. (I’ll ignore potential other issues.)

Let’s assume it’s the easiest, just too much sun.

Keep your tree out of the sun, in bright shade, ease back on watering, just keep the media moist. Folks with burned leaves tend to over water. If you have shade cloth available use 80%, or double a 40% etc. Mist the leaves unless these are fried, if so, mist the trunk and the media surface.

If the tree losses it’s leaves, keep caring for it. If it was healthy, then the tree should bud out again.

Cross your fingers.

cheers
DSD sends.

16_teenbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
thanks everyone for all ur help I am actually from India ,Pune ....

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Can they even survive there?

We have a thing here where we tend to sell plants in wrong zones.

Seen these folks on Bjorn's YouTube channel...

Says the farm is "temporarily closed", but perhaps they can steer you locally!

Sorce

Top Bottom