What to buy a bonsai enthusiast who has everything

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never tried biogold, but it sounds good. But my list has some other items.

1. Local forest service allows bonsai special use permits.

2. Pots........ I like almost all of them, some are better than others for sure, but I have a tree for it somewhere!

3. Boon intensive

4. Guiness is great, but my favorite is Black Butte Porter from Deschutes. I could drink and clip all day long!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
- Bonsai forklift for the garden
- Weekend trip to a bonsai show
- Advanced training classes
- Gift certificate
- Week-of-watering assistence
- Wiring assistent

Do NOT get
- A tree
- A pot
- Substrate

As these are too dependend on personal preference

agniete

Seed
Reaction score
Have you ever bought indoor bonsai tree online ? I'm not able to surprise my friend but I thought maybe I can buy online and the store can deliver it for my friend. However, I'm a little bit scared about the quality when I can not see it by myself. Do you have any experience in this kind of shopping :D

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Have you ever bought indoor bonsai tree online ? I'm not able to surprise my friend but I thought maybe I can buy online and the store can deliver it for my friend. However, I'm a little bit scared about the quality when I can not see it by myself. Do you have any experience in this kind of shopping :D
Those are all outdoor trees.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
win the lottery - money solves all problems and wants....

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
win the lottery - money solves all problems and wants....

Despite many attesting/asserting to the contrary, I couldn't agree more. An unlimited supply of money would solve all of my current problems and my uncertainty about the future. The same applies at least 90% to the members of my immediate family.

As to the topic of the original post, I would go for gift cards, so the recipient can choose what he/she wants.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
At least the spammer was on point and it wasn't for protein pills or some garbled ranting with not even a link.

Do NOT get

- A pot

I'm OK with this, in fact I have been trying to get my wife to pick a pot but she always wants me to point one out. If I can give her a couple of links to shops I know have good pots then I'm really curious as to the one she would pick and why?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The original post was back in 2006 :rolleyes: But my answer would be the same then as today - BEER and or a GUN for when you go collecting :p

Grimmy

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tools are always a good bet. You just can't have enough tools. I lost all mine this year except what was in my daily kit. Bday is 10/21, so you have some time to find me a nice angle grinder, saws-all or anything you'd need to really do some carving. Benders, they stole my benders, three sizes, they couldn't have known what those are for. Heavy sigh

Last edited:

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
1) Sanity! LOL...
2) I agree with the gift card idea too.
3) Bonsai classes, because I am classless. ;)

I love this place!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom