what trees to bring to work?

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm going to get or bring a few trees to work if they'll let me... have a few windows that I found I can use...

What would do ok there guys?

It's a saw mill so it's dusty dry and one window is no southern and other I get a bit of direct light around noon.

What would do well enough there? Any ideas?

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ya I was tinkling maby... I have a few small ones but I didn't know how they would do with the real dry air...

Maby shefflera?

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I only know the Ficus because i have some, you most likely need a tropical (wiki told me shefflera is pantropical, so i guess is also good).

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hell yeah....

If a maby is HAlF the size of a baby....
That's gotta hurt.

Whatever you bring.....
It will be a good place to work on a "frightened" looking tree.

Sorce

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It will be dry ands dusty..... but they won't half to worry about falling out a window. ..
Tinkling. ...wtf .... sorry about that.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
North window being cooler think Succulents. They handle cool, dry, and lower light conditions well. The only thing you may find a pain is cleaning all the dust off. I don't have to often but I find a 1 dollar makeup brush works good.

Grimmy

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
North window being cooler think Succulents. They handle cool, dry, and lower light conditions well. The only thing you may find a pain is cleaning all the dust off. I don't have to often but I find a 1 dollar makeup brush works good.

Grimmy
Like a jade?

I have a mini one but I rather keep at home... but I have a regular sized one to. Could try that.. I just thought it wouldn't do well with out alot of light.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We keep all of our succulents on the dry side and all in low light compared to anything else. Also cooler. We have several for years that way. My Wife has a regular Jade at her office she treats the same and it grows out of the pot yearly that was started from a leaf. The only thing I find with any of them is they go to hell quickly if the plant gets water stuck between the stem and the leafs so we are cautious to just water the substrate. Heck, even outdoors in the Summer they get little sun and are kept under a deep soffit so they don't get rained upon which causes that problem with the petals.

Grimmy

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've kept ficus, schefflera, and Kingsville boxwood in a north facing window at work over the winter. They don't thrive, but they have survived. They go back outside when the temps are sufficient.

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sit in an office without any windows and have kept a jade alive. It's been about 9 months now and counting.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would bring a bonsai that an artist has made out of wire. Will tolerate your harsh conditions.

Keep being a smart ass I'll show you a harsh condition buddy!

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have ficus in my office at work
Under t-8 lighting. No sunlight.
If it's really dusty though just leave them at home. Sorry :(

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've thought about one of these for my desk, and maybe cycling a few mame/shohin ficus between home and work:
71wwc2C1JNL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008UZJQMA?keywords=grow lamp&qid=1454073737&ref_=sr_1_28&sr=8-28

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cycling is a good solution if you want to do this, just be prepared for some of them not to like getting moved around a lot. I would get some sort of computer cleaner (compressed air) blower thing to get the dust off regularly.

Top Bottom