What was the worst or most humorous comments you have been given?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Mine is more of an experience...and the comment of my child's teacher towards her pupils.

About 2 years ago, I decided to do a bonsai presentation to my child's 3rd grade class. They were all captivated and asked really great questions...even yamadori procedure. :cool: At the end of the presentation, the teacher warned them that she better not see them digging the trees at the playground. Interesting to note that the only trees there are like 100 year old oaks!!! :eek: LOL

BTW, I received really cool hand made cards from each pupil with interesting drawings of bonsai from their perspective. Amazing and I kept them all. :) To date, some still talk to me about bonsai when I pick up my daughter (now in 5th grade)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
One of my favorites:

"Just because you choose to continue to use what you do and have success with it does not mean anything one way or the other."

Priceless!

Funny but read this from the best advise thread. In some instances, that statement may not be too funny anymore from this perspective. :)

"There is always a better way."

-Masahiko Kimura-

Last edited:

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
The best part was when Ryan Neil gave one an award.

I believe I was at that show - and I'll tell you, it was a damn well done tree. It is not a knock on Ryan, he was being observant, just did not notice the very subtle tip offs. Someone who knew the history of the tree spilled the beans. If you didn't know, you could not tell.

So if a Phoenix graft is that well done, in my book, it deserves the award.

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Do you just cut off a branch and put it in a pot"

"How do you get all of these trees in your house for winter?"

Various comments about torture, including a lady walking out on the garden tour literally crying. I hope she doesn't go to the city Rose Garden.

I echo the folly of "it's your tree, anything you want is beautiful." Sometimes honesty has more value than flattery.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Being new in the hobby, I am receiving the 'those don't look like bonsai' statements. Admittadly they don't. Yet.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While standing in line at Walmart, my wife says this to me while buying a certain pink thing...

"I'll take a picture of you in it..
I'll help you get into it...
But there is no way I'm telling that cashier that it is for me!".

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While standing in line at Walmart, my wife says this to me while buying a certain pink thing...

"I'll take a picture of you in it..
I'll help you get into it...
But there is no way I'm telling that cashier that it is for me!".

Al, there are a lot of new folks here who are probably in the dark on the "pink thing " perhaps you could post a link so they won't lose any sleep trying to figure it out.

:p

ed

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. "The case for smaller trees".

Attachments

• al thong.jpg
    al thong.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 41

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can tell you this...that picture is from 2006 and the label says "one size fits all" eight years later, this is just not true.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I can tell you this...that picture is from 2006 and the label says "one size fits all" eight years later, this is just not true.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.... hahaha

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. "The case for smaller trees".

This is actually one of the images I had stuck in mymind when I started this thread but as was pointed out:

What has been seen cannot be unseen.... hahaha

It is still one of the funniest things I've seen on this site.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is THE funniest thing!

Hell no!

Sorce

Top Bottom