What wine goes with a JWP “Nano”?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here’s the tree:

A Japanese White Pine, “Nano”. Accompanied with a California Pinot Noir.

60BD82E0-1E80-49CF-82E3-DF8A6876D4C9.jpeg

“Pino Noir” translates to “Black Pine”, so I think I’m definitely violating some rule here. A white wine would be better perchance? I wonder if @William N. Valavanis knows the correct protocol? I would hate to be in violation of the proper bonsai wine drinking ceremony!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Here’s the tree:

A Japanese White Pine, “Nano”. Accompanied with a California Pinot Noir.

View attachment 323365

“Pino Noir” translates to “Black Pine”, so I think I’m definitely violating some rule here. A white wine would be better perchance? I wonder if @William N. Valavanis knows the correct protocol? I would hate to be in violation of the proper bonsai wine drinking ceremony!
You know my choice. sweet tea!

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
OT but pinot noir stops leg cramps in less than a minute. WAY less than a minute! :)

Back on topic; what wine do you drink wnen .....wiring.....that?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
OT but pinot noir stops leg cramps in less than a minute. WAY less than a minute! :)

Back on topic; what wine do you drink wnen .....wiring.....that?
Iced tea! Lol!!!

I don’t drink McDonald’s sweet tea like Bill, I make my own, and sweeten it with stevia extract.

Your comment reminded me to go check the wire...

FA632C88-833E-42C8-B53F-FAAD11327602.jpeg

It was lady wired about two years ago. Some of the wire is just beginning to cut in. Most of it isn’t, yet. Trees usually thicken in the fall, so, it’s probably about time to remove the wire.

Last edited:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Iced tea! Lol!!!

I don’t drink McDonald’s sweet tea like Bill, I make my own, and sweeten it with stevia extract.

Your comment reminded me to go check the wire...

View attachment 323472

It was lady wired about two years ago. Some of the wire is just beginning to cut in. Most of it isn’t, yet. Trees usually thicken in the fall, so, it’s probably about time to remove the wire.

It should read “it was last wired”, not “lady wired”. Lol!!! The Apple spell check has a mind of its own!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Stevia didn't work out too good for Lydia on Breaking Bad. :eek:

View attachment 323484
I’m not familiar with that show. Is she allergic to it or something?

Ive been using stevia extract as a sugar substitute in my coffee and tea for several years now. I’ve had no ill effects.

Top Bottom