What would you do...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'll never toss in the towel. No way,no how! I may or may not get another.
In a side by side comparison the Hokkaido leaf is about half as small as Seiju. Teeny,tiny little elm leaves.
I do have a spot to keep the more delicate trees Darlene. My sister says I can put some on her porch this winter. I'm just not sure I want to mess with all of that anymore. I like the thought of all native or trees that can handle my winters period. You yourself know what it takes to keep the more delicate trees alive and I don't think I want to play that game anymore.

Wow! Then quite smaller leaf size...

Yes, I don't blame you...native trees are starting to really appeal to me more as well. Better to have the deck stacked in ones favor than against it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Self observation.

I didn't want to dirty up JOHNG'S thread.

But the Title, Plantation Road, gives me a worse feeling than the Confederate flag.

Again, this is just an observation, but should I ask him to remove the thread?

Or would that be silly?

Maybe it's cuz I grew up with the Flag.0311_sccp_01_z dukes_of_hazzard_other_news general_lee.jpg

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just saw on the news that the guy that bought the original General Lee is coin to repaint the roof to stars and stripes.

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+
Aside from all the splatter going on..wait,I think I got some on me!Nah,just a bit of dilute urine I was tossing on the compost heap.Anyway,a question,if he deigns,for Smoke.Can you take the root cuttings from just Elms or do you think it would work for any deciduous?Or I could google it I guess.

anthony burce

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thought id post an update on this completely ruined thread lol. Yall totally used my thread to talk about current world news, awesome. Anyways, no harm no foul.
I chopped off the top foliage against advice i received and was rewarded.

Attachments

• 2015-07-05 18.12.08.jpg
    2015-07-05 18.12.08.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 20

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sometimes...you just have to do it. I know many suggested air layers for my Kojo No Mai. Then another doesn't go that route and wants to see progress in the tree they're working. It's all in the individual. Not sure I'll personally do an air layer. Unless it's to give it to another person. With wanting to keep a collection down to a manageable size...having multiples (unless bougainvillea) I will most likely pass.

Top Bottom