Whats Going on in Smoke's Backyard?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Out at dinner last night. Cool dinner bar with a live band playing funk. When "Play that funky music white boy" starts playing I almost wanted to get up and shake some booty. I thought better of it and stayed in my seat. That's a very welcome smile on her face.

View attachment 125593

A happy couple! Very cool!:)

Now, about the blonde in the background...:cool:

And if you must dance, hands below the collarbone!!o_O:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
congrats al. glad to hear all is well on your side. enjoy something everyday with her.
p

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Out at dinner last night. Cool dinner bar with a live band playing funk. When "Play that funky music white boy" starts playing I almost wanted to get up and shake some booty. I thought better of it and stayed in my seat. That's a very welcome smile on her face.

View attachment 125593
You've come a long way Al. Its nice to see that.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the time to help and instruct us, even when you have so much going on at home. I hope you, your wife and family have a wonderful Christmas, and a happy , healthy New Year.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Smoke
Trees are well trees, but people, especially your loved ones are the most cherished thing on this planet. I have lost two family members to that damned disease in past December's. It takes the spirit out of you, so when I see anyone over coming this disease it makes me really happy. And yes I wear pink during cancer month in October. Anything I can do to support anyone with it I will. You and your wife have a joyous holiday season together. BTW I did listen to you. I printed out all those stick figures and literature with it and I went out and got me a monster juniper with a almost 3 inch trunk with all the twists and curves to it. Enjoy life Smoke.
Rick

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BTW I did listen to you. I printed out all those stick figures and literature with it and I went out and got me a monster juniper with a almost 3 inch trunk with all the twists and curves to it. Enjoy life Smoke.
Rick
Thank you that means a lot. You can make the check payable to Fabio Keppler for $175.00. I only charged you the half day rate.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
So glad to hear your wife is doing better Al! Such good news!! My best and much good health to the both of you.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Such nice trees, I love your style, why don't you come to our club meetings?... ;)

I don't have time to read all the comments, but about what might look one of the least spectacular of your trees :

"This is five tridents thru a plate"

Do you grow them so that the base will eventually fuse then prune the top drastically to form a multiple trunk with a very flat, wide "nebari"? (something I should have tried some years ago because I have a couple dozens seedlings waiting for that kind of experiment)

Anyway, kudos on you, if I could afford the flight, I'd gladly come and visit you with a case or two of champagne... :cool:

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I usually keep away from these personal things, but, Smoke, I admire you, my best wishes to you both.

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey man, that really takes me back to the day... Wild Cherry was one of the first bands I mixed monitors for... good times!

Back in the day, Ohio Players was my favorite band. Love rollercoaster was a song I wore out on 8 track and in 1975 I wore a cool fro just like all my fav. funk band members. 20 years young.

fro0001.JPG

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Al, you just made Nic's day [ K's nephew ] his hair also grows like yours.
Most of the family have Chinese type hair, he sort of stands out [ as well as in height and body size ]

I will over in the tea house show you what Nic made for his special aunt. Took a month for a 19 year old
to do.

Wishing you and yours, health, happiness and joy.
Buone Natale.
Good Day
Anthonjy

* Nic also built a plane like yours, but then was afraid to fly it :):eek:
Too much, as we call it ------ Kite Paper.

Not quite as large though, as the plane goes.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Back in the day, Ohio Players was my favorite band. Love rollercoaster was a song I wore out on 8 track and in 1975 I wore a cool fro just like all my fav. funk band members. 20 years young.

View attachment 125739

I worked with those guys a lot! Back when it was fun....
nice fro!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ed Clark commissioned me to wire this project tree. It is Itoigawa grafted on to San Jose. Itoigawa is in juvenile phase but should relax next year.

Maybe tomorrow I tackle this tree. H says he has about a thousand I can wire. My work will be traded out for material.......

There are many jins on the base of the trunk obscuring some of the view of the trunk. One is at the right of the base of the trunk running up at a 45 degree angle following the curve of the trunk. You can just make out a dot of light showing how the trunk actually curves. All of these will be shortened substanially

dsc_011400011-jpg.125584

DSC_00150001.JPG

Top Bottom