The cooking thread

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I curse all the new age cooking show. I used to get beef bones, hog head for free. Chicken wing, organ meat, beef tongue, and ox tail were 1/4th the price of hamburger. Now they are all outta sight.
Try a raw dog food store. I feed mine raw and the shop I go to carries all of these things, maybe that’s where the majority end up now

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is totally in @Cajunrider's wheelhouse, but anyone else is also welcome to share.

Never have I ever...
IMG_20240406_102611_130.jpg
And you can't hardly find them in restaurants even in The South, so I figured I've no choice but to do it myself.
Any and all tips, pointers and advice welcome.
Except, of course, "don't do it." That's not an option.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
This is totally in @Cajunrider's wheelhouse, but anyone else is also welcome to share.

Never have I ever...
View attachment 538492
And you can't hardly find them in restaurants even in The South, so I figured I've no choice but to do it myself.
Any and all tips, pointers and advice welcome.
Except, of course, "don't do it." That's not an option.

So many recipes on-line for you to choose. Only thing I can add is to use some vinegar to wash then soak it in water with slices from a couple raw potatoes to erase the smell.

As for me some day I will try to make chitterling taco the same way people make tripa taco.

Last edited:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So many recipes on-line for you to choose. Only thing I can add is to use some vinegar to wash then soak it in water with slices from a couple raw potatoes to erase the smell.

As for me some day I will try to make chitterling taco the same way people make tripa taco.
Thanks! I'll check out that vinegar and potatoes thing. I've heard complaints about the smell before, so I was wondering.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

My craving for umami taste was totally sated after just 2 tripa tacos! Certainly a foodie item.

Last edited:
Top Bottom