The cooking thread

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Last night, minestrone and Caesar salad.
Tonight, stuffed peppers.
Tomorrow, Korean spice-rubbed braised brisket, kimchi coleslaw, and a Packers victory.
red wine with the first two, beer with the brisket.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Last night, minestrone and Caesar salad.
Tonight, stuffed peppers.
Tomorrow, Korean spice-rubbed braised brisket, kimchi coleslaw, and a Packers victory.
red wine with the first two, beer with the brisket.
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Carol, when I come by for dinner, that Philly Cheesesteak Cresent Ring would be a winner. Looks great.

It is a raw, cold night in the trailer park. I'm feeling my white trash roots, so its a quick snack night. I love gourmet dining, but every now and then its back to my roots.

Milagro soft corn tortillas
Velveeta - cheddar flavor
Cholulu hot sauce.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - brings me right back to my roots, in the trailer park.
IMG_20200119_200046300.jpg IMG_20200119_194716654.jpg IMG_20200119_194625843.jpg IMG_20200119_200408125.jpg

The texture of Velveeta is so soft, totally unnatural, how can you ever forget it. I was in my teens before I realized there were other types of cheese, some even being made from real milk.
(*not entirely true, but Velveeta was a staple until my teens, when things improved around the house).

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Carol, when I come by for dinner, that Philly Cheesesteak Cresent Ring would be a winner. Looks great.

It is a raw, cold night in the trailer park. I'm feeling my white trash roots, so its a quick snack night. I love gourmet dining, but every now and then its back to my roots.

Milagro soft corn tortillas
Velveeta - cheddar flavor
Cholulu hot sauce.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - brings me right back to my roots, in the trailer park.
View attachment 279661 View attachment 279662 View attachment 279663 View attachment 279664

The texture of Velveeta is so soft, totally unnatural, how can you ever forget it. I was in my teens before I realized there were other types of cheese, some even being made from real milk.
(*not entirely true, but Velveeta was a staple until my teens, when things improved around the house).
You got it. If it's summer, we'll have that as an appetizer, and I'll throw some stuff in the smoker for dinner.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
After satisfying my craving for early childhood trailer park fare,
I decided for desert to go top shelf.

Some decent, made with real cream, Vanilla Ice Cream. With fresh frozen blueberries I grew and picked myself. These berries were picked less than 24 hours before they went into the freezer. They explode with flavor. One of the few luxuries of owning a blueberry farm. (I'm really only a part owner, there are 5 others and a bank involved).

IMG_20200119_204730297.jpg

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You do fantastic work! 😍
As @sorce would say..."that's dope" man!...but Lipton? Really?
Try it. If you don't like it I'll give you your money back.
Don't taste much difference in the regular and extra bold myself, but the decaf vs brews stronger faster
for some reason. I use either 2 bags to a cup brewed about 1/2 hr.

Top Bottom