The cooking thread

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
DSC_4533.JPG

DSC_4526.JPG DSC_4536.JPG DSC_4540.JPG DSC_4541.JPG
My wife has been hounding me for 2 weeks to make hot dog sauce. Vidalias are in so I caved.
My Vidalia Parmesan Cayenne hot dog sauce. Slaw dog anybody?
Now if I could only find the right can opener for the tiny tomato paste cans. My hand held is for the next size can up.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
View attachment 306299

View attachment 306303 View attachment 306300 View attachment 306301 View attachment 306302
My wife has been hounding me for 2 weeks to make hot dog sauce. Vidalias are in so I caved.
My Vidalia Parmesan Cayenne hot dog sauce. Slaw dog anybody?
Now if I could only find the right can opener for the tiny tomato paste cans. My hand held is for the next size can up.
I have never heard of hot dog sauce or slaw dogs, bit it looks good!

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have never heard of hot dog sauce or slaw dogs, bit it looks good!
The best! The Cavalier hot dogs are stellar when grilled.
Ya know, we hear that a lot, about hot dog sauce. It's not just a colloquialism because
it comes in a can too 🤢 I grew up on Vietti, but they do notate Chili, in the term hot dog sauce, we just omit that terminology I reckon.
1590977155784.png
...and surely you've heard Dumas Walker. Why not a slaw dog with that slaw burger fries and a bottle of "ski"...?

I remember camping in either Wisconsin or Up St NY and my dad asking a grocery store clerk where to find hot dog sauce.
They pointed us to an isle we went over and over and never did see it. Asked again, and he pointed us to the catsup, mustard and relish,
so had to explain something they knew nothing of 😁🤣
I do know that Colonel Sanders slaw is 1/7 white sugar. For 50# of cabbage they use 7# of sugar. I add none, but a touch of Marzetti slaw dressing
and finish with mostly Olive oil Mayonnaise, carrot, then a dab of onion salt black pepper and cayenne.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The best! The Cavalier hot dogs are stellar when grilled.
Ya know, we hear that a lot, about hot dog sauce. It's not just a colloquialism because
it comes in a can too 🤢 I grew up on Vietti, but they do notate Chili, in the term hot dog sauce, we just omit that terminology I reckon.
View attachment 306305
...and surely you've heard Dumas Walker. Why not a slaw dog with that slaw burger fries and a bottle of "ski"...?

I remember camping in either Wisconsin or Up St NY and my dad asking a grocery store clerk where to find hot dog sauce.
They pointed us to an isle we went over and over and never did see it. Asked again, and he pointed us to the catsup, mustard and relish,
so had to explain something they knew nothing of 😁🤣
I do know that Colonel Sanders slaw is 1/7 white sugar. For 50# of cabbage they use 7# of sugar. I add none, but a touch of Marzetti slaw dressing
and finish with mostly Olive oil Mayonnaise, carrot, then a dab of onion salt black pepper and cayenne.
Lol, the only thing I really understand is the bottle of "ski". It is a lemon/lime soda that is manufactured in a town not far from here. My husband doesn't drink coffee, but he has a Ski every morning. I'm a vinegar based slaw gal myself, I hate mayo. But fun to hear the food traditions of different regions. Have you ever heard of "rocky mountain oysters"?:D

Top Bottom