The cooking thread

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I prefer just to eat at midevil times, wish they had one here ?, I would apply for part time knight warrior and eat the giant turkey legs and large mugs of beer ?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Carol 83 looks delish! Surf and turf!!

This has been my breakfast almost daily for like 2 years. Turmeric tea, Berries(razz,blue,straw,black), two heaping spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt, topped with flax seeds. All organic. I’m a huge believer in the healing power of foods. Skip the bagel, eat the berries!
FE34A04B-BB8D-4575-B991-F9D9A449BF4C.jpeg

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Most of you guys love meat! :D

So do I, but I tend to eat less and less, for various reasons.

Today I had some :

Chicken bits marinated in lemon juice, with crushed garlic, thinly sliced ginger root, curcuma, coriander, cumin, ground nutmeg, black pepper.

Finely chopped onions in a pan (or wok), until they get transparent.

I add the marinated chicken, some crushed peanuts (but not peanut butter! I crush them in a mortar until they're sort of a paste) and coconut milk.

I let simmer for about 20 minutes, while the basmati rice that had been left for a couple of hours in salted water before being thrown into boiling water is ready (about 10 minutes);

Fresh parsley on top when served. In summer, fresh coriander leaves, of course.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Most of you guys love meat! :D

So do I, but I tend to eat less and less, for various reasons.

Today I had some :

Chicken bits marinated in lemon juice, with crushed garlic, thinly sliced ginger root, curcuma, coriander, cumin, ground nutmeg, black pepper.

Finely chopped onions in a pan (or wok), until they get transparent.

I add the marinated chicken, some crushed peanuts (but not peanut butter! I crush them in a mortar until they're sort of a paste) and coconut milk.

I let simmer for about 20 minutes, while the basmati rice that had been left for a couple of hours in salted water before being thrown into boiling water is ready (about 10 minutes);

Fresh parsley on top when served. In summer, fresh coriander leaves, of course.
Sounds good.

Reaction score
Last day i too made these types of dishes and it added glory to my kitchen It was really an amazing dish i eveer made.

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
January 1. Packer's game in Detroit at 5:20 PST. What could be a more perfect scenario for chili and friends! (With the possible exception of a Bear's game, but we won't go there)

Mmmmmm.... 2 1/2 lbs of prime tri-tip, cubed...

View attachment 127939

1 lb pork sausage (hot) with 1.25 lbs Italian sausage (deskinned) hot

View attachment 127940

The "BonsaiNut" chili stock... 2 hours of chopping veggies and drinking Spaten Oktoberfest...

View attachment 127941

Oh wait... was I supposed to take an "after" photo? The one with the shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sourdough bread?
Does this mean your a Packer fan? Lol

Top Bottom