The cooking thread

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I gotta' get my "cook hand" back.........4-5 years cooking something @WeeMac will eat. It ain't easy and tastes pretty bland.

Plus, I do the dishes and I don't put pans in the dishwasher. Dishwasher was actually a Christmas present!!!
I was psyched!!! But I understand that some women might not feel the same way.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I filled the smoker up with boston butts for a family reunion back in the fall.....I wasn't sure it would even cook them all but it seemed to cook faster than when I do a single butt. Turned out great.

IMG_6616.JPG

Brian

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I gotta' get my "cook hand" back.........4-5 years cooking something @WeeMac will eat. It ain't easy and tastes pretty bland.

Plus, I do the dishes and I don't put pans in the dishwasher. Dishwasher was actually a Christmas present!!!
I was psyched!!! But I understand that some women might not feel the same way.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you are the one doing the dishes then the dishwasher is a gift to self :)

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you are the one doing the dishes then the dishwasher is a gift to self :)

It was for me!! FROM her......at this point I'm a little bit butler, a little bit "manny"!!!!

Doin' damn dishes close to forty years now......BUT NO MORE!

'course, I'm the only person to rinse, load, unload all the dishes and scrub the pots and pans.....etc.etc.etc......:mad::mad:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

renting a cabin for a week in the Rockies.....you know, with a kitchen. Lots of big plans,(not mine) for "cooking on the range.....)(Looks around, see's nobody who can cook, shakes head.....)

good thing? At 8,000 feet, the buzz comes quick!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It was for me!! FROM her......at this point I'm a little bit butler, a little bit "manny"!!!!

Doin' damn dishes close to forty years now......BUT NO MORE!

'course, I'm the only person to rinse, load, unload all the dishes and scrub the pots and pans.....etc.etc.etc......:mad::mad:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

renting a cabin for a week in the Rockies.....you know, with a kitchen. Lots of big plans,(not mine) for "cooking on the range.....)(Looks around, see's nobody who can cook, shakes head.....)

good thing? At 8,000 feet, the buzz comes quick!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
From her!! It's all good then.
I've been doing dishes, cooking, and cleaning for 37 years. I'm OK with all that so long as I can spend money for trees, tools, and toys.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
4-5 years cooking something @WeeMac will eat. It ain't easy
I can sympathize. My son went through a stage, that all he would eat was bacon. I had to carry along a bag of bacon for Thanksgiving one year. :(

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I can sympathize. My son went through a stage, that all he would eat was bacon. I had to carry along a bag of bacon for Thanksgiving one year. :(
Some would say he is a smart boy..... because BACON!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Some would say he is a smart boy..... because BACON!
He's 25 now, and bacon is still his favorite food group! Every year for Christmas, I have to get him the bacon extravaganza from Nueskes.

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Amy and I make our own. We get slabs of pork belly from the butcher, cure it for a week or so, and smoke it.
I have a pretty tricked-out kitchen, including a restaurant-sized electric slicer and a vacuum chamber sealer. We seal half a dozen slices in a bag, and into the freezer it goes. All the irregular pieces from the edges of the slabs get diced in half-inch pieces and sealed in four ounce portions, perfect for carbonara for two.
The best part is getting a lot of smoke flavor, without the saltiness that is in so much store-bought stuff.

Top Bottom