What's up with Delete Button?

Reaction score
Is the delete button now gone as well?

What is up with the rather odd "Crackdown", on one's ability to edit and remove one's own content that they post...

I enjoy this site and enjoy posting... but not quite sure I enjoy giving the rights to my stuff away...

Not quite sure if that was part of the package I signed up for?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry... want to delete the post above... but can't.

So... just everyone pretend it is not there...
Thanks! Lol!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You missed the discussion we had on this topic.

Previously, people had the ability to delete or edit a post 60 minutes after it was created. However some people were abusing the system by creating posts that they had no intention of keeping - for example a personal attack or other controversial content - and letting it sit on the site for 45 minutes and then going back in and deleting it.

So I removed the option to delete a post, and shortened the window to edit a post to 20 minutes after it is created (from 60). If there is something you want deleted or edited after the window has passed, I am always happy to help.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Previously, people had the ability to delete or edit a post 60 minutes after it was created. However some people were abusing the system by creating posts that they had no intention of keeping - for example a personal attack or other controversial content - and letting it sit on the site for 45 minutes and then going back in and deleting it.

So I removed the option to delete a post, and shortened the window to edit a post to 20 minutes after it is created (from 60). If there is something you want deleted or edited after the window has passed, I am always happy to help.
You're right I missed that discussion. Its ok though. My English grammar skills are sort of getting better and I don't have to go back and edit things so much. This is actually helping towards that for me... ;)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For the record, just because someone "deletes" something doesn't mean I can't see it after it is deleted. 95% of the people deleting stuff were using the system properly. It was the 5% who were clearly abusing the system that forced me to change the rules.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
For the record, just because someone "deletes" something doesn't mean I can't see it after it is deleted. 95% of the people deleting stuff were using the system properly. It was the 5% who were clearly abusing the system that forced me to change the rules.
I think it's a shame people were abusing the system. This is such a great site. No room for assholes.

Reaction score

Yes!
I clearly must of...

I will have to think it over.

Top Bottom