Whats your Username Origin or meaning?

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
CalNicky: my son's name is Calvin, my name is Nicky. Plus, I went to Cal (University of California, Berkeley), plus I'm a 4th generation Californian with Gold Rush roots. Floated up to Washington State and then got left behind by a receding tide. The weather is better up here anyway. Good for the trees.
Hi Nicky, did you like the newsletter???

Divide_by_zero

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A very old coders trick and I'm a very old coder. It guaranteed your program would terminate spectacularly no matter what system it was running on, usually used when unexpected or unknown condition was encountered in the data stream. It also sort of describes how my brain and memory works since my stroke and numerous TIAs about 10 years ago.

Life goes on and then it doesn't. :confused:💩

Last edited:

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I played mainly HL2 Deathmatch and Call of Duty (various ones). I did play Unreal some but it wasnt as popular at the time.
I miss those modded COD 2 maps.
But I don't miss my multiplayer usernames, those were darn offensive. So much even that we got kicked from a tournament.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I miss those modded COD 2 maps.
But I don't miss my multiplayer usernames, those were darn offensive. So much even that we got kicked from a tournament.

I played mainly HL2 Deathmatch and Call of Duty (various ones). I did play Unreal some but it wasnt as popular at the time.

Quake 2 LMCTF was my jam.

Somehow the website is still up, and there are active servers, but I haven't seen anyone on them in years (I check every once in awhile).

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Quake 2 LMCTF was my jam.

Somehow the website is still up, and there are active servers, but I haven't seen anyone on them in years (I check every once in awhile).

I loved the GOB Rats map the most.
But I can still draw Toujane and Moscow from memory, I think I've spent over 200 hours in each of those two maps.

Kievnstavick

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My username came from a middle school History project where we had to create a fake kingdom and write about its history and culture. While I was younger, I had a large interest in Russian culture. Since I am terrible at coming up with names, I looked at a map to figure out some names. I saw the city of Kiev and figured it was an easy launch point. I threw sounds at it until it seemed alright.

Soon after, I started getting involved in online gaming. As I was in need of a username, I just took a name from my recent History assignment.

As I felt it was a very unique username, I started using it for everything. I detested the idea of having to come up with another username for something in the event it was taken. I have been using this username for over a decade now and it is like a second name to me.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Once upon a time in a world far, far away there was a Japanese show called Mach GoGoGo later Americanized to be known as Speed Racer. Growing up in Spain I had only two channels to watch on TV (ya I know!). One was mostly political and the other would play animated shows for kids... once in a while. How fun! One of those was Speed Racer. As a kid, the MACH5 vehicle was the first thing I learned how to draw really, really well and I swear I could even do it blindfolded upside down! I realized I was pretty good at this thing they call "art". Well there ya have it! The skinny behind the name. Go Speed Racer Go!

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.39.20 AM.png

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Once upon a time in a world far, far away there was a Japanese show called Mach GoGoGo later Americanized to be known as Speed Racer. Growing up in Spain I had only two channels to watch on TV (ya I know!). One was mostly political and the other would play animated shows for kids... once in a while. How fun! One of those was Speed Racer. As a kid, the MACH5 vehicle was the first thing I learned how to draw really, really well and I swear I could even do it blindfolded upside down! I realized I was pretty good at this thing they call "art". Well there ya have it! The skinny behind the name. Go Speed Racer Go!

View attachment 467568

I grew up with that cartoon here in the states! Loved it!

I make birthday cars out of scraps laying around for my grandson's birthdays. I waited 5 years to carve this for year 5 :)

20210210_071846.jpg

Coincidentally, the first letter or each family member spell "mach" as well!

My user name is an old gamer tag. Taken from an old Magic: The Gathering card that is my avatar here. I wanted simply Dingus...but that was taken.

I also think "little dingus" characterizes real life me pretty well ;) For the non-American speakers:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

View attachment 467568
My brother and I used to go over to the neighbors house to watch Speed Racer when we were little kids, because they had a colored TV and we didn't.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My user name is an old gamer tag. Taken from an old Magic: The Gathering card that is my avatar here. I wanted simply Dingus...but that was taken.

I also think "little dingus" characterizes real life me pretty well ;) For the non-American speakers:

That’s a much more family-friendly explanation than I expected. I’ve only ever heard “dingus” used to refer to one specific feature of male anatomy.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That’s a much more family-friendly explanation than I expected. I’ve only ever heard “dingus” used to refer to one specific feature of male anatomy.

I've been refered to by the non-family-friendly version on occasion too! Married 30+ years, 4 kids, I'm secure enough not to care how people choose to interpret a fake internet name...I've never felt the need to compensate for anything ;)

Top Bottom