When to start fertilizing?

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
Okay guys so I've really been getting spring fever and just anxious to get back to working with my trees and more time with them in general.

After I talked with @GrimLore awhile back I resisted the urge to prematurely more things outside and thankfully hopefully (knock on wood) completely avoided the inside outside dance.

But the more things open up, and turn green, and wake up I just get more anxious with this my second spring - 1st spring actually owning trees over winter I don't want to rush things.

I still haven't moved anything out the garage and definitely haven't moved the ficus out the house yet.

Sooooo lol I said all of that to ask, my primary question which thinking about it probably didn't need all of that backstory:rolleyes:

How soon after moving my trees back outside to the bench can I /should I start back with that good old blue juice?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Most of my stuff is tropical/sub-tropical, and unfortunately has been inside since mid-October. I still hit them with Miracle Grow once a week. No ill effects.

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
Most of my stuff is tropical/sub-tropical, and unfortunately has been inside since mid-October. I still hit them with Miracle Grow once a week. No ill effects.

Ooooohhh really? I just stopped fertilizing the tropical when I brought them inside. Guess I will give them a little juice!

Depends on what you are aiming to accomplish.

GROWTH!! Just trying to pack on size and health right now. Not trying to refine anything.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Ooooohhh really? I just stopped fertilizing the tropical when I brought them inside. Guess I will give them a little juice!

GROWTH!! Just trying to pack on size and health right now. Not trying to refine anything.
Then you can fertilize as soon as you see new growth emerging in the spring. 4-6 tbsps every 4-6 weeks during the growing season of organic fertilizer. You will most likely have to back off during the hot summer days when plants go into semi dormancy in july and august.

Top Bottom