When you just feel hollow

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
My deepest condolences. I'm lucky enough to have both parents still alive and in my life, though living far away from me ( a 20 hour straight thru drive by car). With the pandemic changing routines so dramatically, I'm unlikely to see them this year and my realization that their time is eventually coming to an end sooner or later saddens me tremendously. My thoughts are with you and your family during this sad time, and your wonderful trees will be waiting for you when you come out on the other side.

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I lost my father to cancer almost 30 years ago. My mom had some sage advice at the time, which was needed by a 12 year old, but I think it applies to everyone. - It's ok to be sad. - There are some events in life that put things in real perspective - what really matters in the long run, and what doesn't. And that's ok. Bonsai is something that enriches our lives. Sometimes there just isn't room for stuff like that. Just keep them watered and alive, and come back when you're ready. At some point you'll feel like you can breathe again.

It will get better. The pain will fade and you'll hang on to the good memories. But take time to grieve. Like my mom said, it's ok to be sad.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Paul. Best wishes to you and your family.

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry to hear this about your Dad Paul. My sincerest condolences go out to you and your family.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sleep then and recover. This is a big shock to bear. Take good care of yourself and come talk to us when you need to, we are all here for you, you're part of our family.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm sorry my friend....
I haven't crossed that bridge yet, though I've lost several friends.
I think we all can feel your pain in one way or another.
Stay tough!

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’m sorry to hear this. Try to rest and find your peace. I think he would want you to be happy and healthy.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. When I was younger I thought life got easier as you got older, not true. The pain is real and it lasts, you can only learn to deal with it by remembering all of the good times. You will be together again some day. Take care of yourself and your family.

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Your loss of your father is worse than my recent loss of my favorite uncle, but it hurts.

My bonsai endeavor is an opportunity for me to step aside from my work life stress and personal emotional turmoil and focus on a microcosm that needs me and is naked to my flaws.

When I work on my trees everything else melts away from my psyche and I have time to heal.

Heal your way, it gets better.

Top Bottom