Where Can i find Japanese Maple "Arakawa" in Canada?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm at work...if I do it...I need to go home cook dinner, feed the baby...bath the baby...prep my wife's lunch...wash the dishes...clean the stove.....warm the milk....put the baby to sleep...then by midnight I'll have time to do it....I hope I find enough time to sleep...

THAT is why I have time to do bonsai...MY wife does all those (and more). :cool:

Honestly, I admire you doing all these for your family.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Look what I found today...bought all three that this remote nursery had (I got greedy) :) gonna air layering them or grafting them..but I need to find those regular Acer seedlings first

The price was good too $70/each...they will not carry them anymore or something like that...

Start me some cuttings? Let me know what you are planning. I would like to have some to field grow under an oak for a while. THanks

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is this rooting hormone good enough?

Attachments

• IMG_20140502_082130.jpg
    IMG_20140502_082130.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 11

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
[UOTE=drew33998;199978]Start me some cuttings? Let me know what you are planning. I would like to have some to field grow under an oak for a while. THanks[/QUOTE]

After reading everyone's suggestions and comments. I'm gonna play it safe. Since I have three plants...

The largest one I'm gonna grow it in a wooden box and let it grow so I can get cuttings from it all the time and air layering it if I wanted to.

The mid sized one I'll air layer some

The smallest one got the most die back from the top...not sure why. I think it may be the cold..I'll air layer some and attempt the ground layering on it this weekend.

Fishsticks

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just got a grafted one from a local nursery, it originally came from “Pacific Northwest propagators” just outside Vancouver. It’s still far, but at least the same country.

Top Bottom