Where do people sell their bonsai?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have honestly never sold one, but I am curious. If you DID sell one of your trees, where would you go? eBay? Club Auction? Craigslist? Swap meet?

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Club auction. They never really seem to sell for what I perceive them to be worth. At this point I would rather kill them myself that let someone else maim them for a while. Especially if they got them on the cheap.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
If you have trees worth selling then it is worth the cost and effort to vend at a show. It is far easier to sell a tree that can be seen as opposed to a photograph. Auctions and club functions generally do not produce the kind of action needed to move high end material at a profit margin making the endeavour worth its salt.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have sold via Ebay and as a vendor at at one of the BSF conventions. I made WAY more money and sold my trees for what they are worth at the conventions than I have on Ebay.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ryan,
How many trees did you sell at the convention and what kind were they?

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ryan,
How many trees did you sell at the convention and what kind were they?

I don't remember how many...but I sold some JBP's and (one was a nishiki for $900) and some junipers, olives, azaleas, and had a buttonwood stolen! It's on the BSF website.

Top Bottom