Where Oh Where has our BT Gone

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Flybri,

As a moderator at BT, you're response is not surprising, no one is gloating though, sorry to disappoint you, I actually can't wait for the place to open up its gates again and claimm it's own. :rolleyes:

BY the way, here is a link to all five posts you have bothered to make here over the years http://bonsainut.com/forums/search.php?searchid=198429

Will

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Flybri,

As a moderator at BT, you're response is not surprising, no one is gloating though, sorry to disappoint you, I actually can't wait for the place to open up its gates again and claimm it's own. :rolleyes:

BY the way, here is a link to all five posts you have bothered to make here over the years http://bonsainut.com/forums/search.php?searchid=198429

Will

Will, burns work better if your link works. nice job being hasty and making your point very clear?

-Just another BT'er.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Guys let's not turn this into a flame war. It's a discussion about BT being down, when it is going to come back up, whatever. I hope it is just a technical glitch and not something more serious - especially when people bring up the subject of personal health.

Ed_Merc

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You know, I just found this site and was looking forward to a good, responsive group of fellow enthusiasts who, like me, want to share knowledge and create some camaraderie. What I have been seeing though has been disheartening.

Honestly, where does all this crap come from? I don't want to jump on anyone or any one thing, but I just can't figure out what the heck this all has to do with bonsai.

If I'm banned for saying so, and I hope I won't be, then it's all the sadder.:(

Reaction score
USDA Zone
[EDIT] I'm gonna edit this one out, Will. Can't see how it adds to the conversation, and just sets a negative tone - BNut [/EDIT]

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You know, I just found this site and was looking forward to a good, responsive group of fellow enthusiasts who, like me, want to share knowledge and create some camaraderie. What I have been seeing though has been disheartening.

Honestly, where does all this crap come from? I don't want to jump on anyone or any one thing, but I just can't figure out what the heck this all has to do with bonsai.

We have a lot of free time available while waiting for trunks to grow.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

You don't get banned for saying something's wrong with the site. Hopefully constant feedback (positive and negative) will allow me to improve it.

I let the site run a little looser than other sites, especially if the subject is in the "karaoke bar". I also recommend that people familiarize themselves with the "ignore" feature - and use it to block other members whose content/tone/attitude they don't like.

I want there to be a free and open debate of IDEAS. People should argue the strength of their logic - not the depth of their egos...

noissee

Mame
Reaction score
I agree with Bnut. There has to be a site where people can be a little more "raw" (for lack of a better word). I joined this site initially to see the Kong-Pall duel (woohoo:confused:), and I thought the same thing as Ed. Then I thought about it more, and decided that I kinda liked the attitude that was oozing out of the threads here. It's a unique type of bonsai forum for that reason. People enjoy conflict/drama. Those who don't can choose to stay out of it, or like Bnut said, familiarize themselves with the ignore button.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I have come to think fondly of many on this site (given the casual nature of an internet forum). Yes there are disagreements but in all honesty I think most of us know how certain folks will respond to triggers.

Hopefully we are learning not to incite each other and if we experience provocation, not to respond. Learning these things make us better people in general.

We have living breathing proof on here that we can have an adult discussion on sensitive issues with almost no one getting upset. I have been most impressed by this exchange.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let me rephrase then, I'll try to be nicer while making the same point, my apologies.

Ed,

Sometimes a negative post about a perceived flaw just creates more of the same. It is often better to lead by example than to be guilty of the same kind of posts one is complaining about.

Will

Ed_Merc

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Let me rephrase then, I'll try to be nicer while making the same point, my apologies.

Ed,

Sometimes a negative post about a perceived flaw just creates more of the same. It is often better to lead by example than to be guilty of the same kind of posts one is complaining about.

Will

Oh, I see. You know what? You can have your playground. I know where adults hang out.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Strangely, the Bsite forum is down today as well.....

There must be something wrong. And when I say "wrong" I mean "wrong" on a personal level. Let us hope for the best and hope the people behind the site are ok. I don't know the owner(s) of BT, but I can appreciate the time and effort that went into creating and managing the site. They wouldn't let it languish unless something was amiss.

Top Bottom