Where should I put my trees?

szxnx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
currently, I have a Juniper that is about four years old and doing pretty good and the location that I have it on my NW facing balcony, however I just got a Chinese elm and Nanking cherry that are about 3 years old, and because I have received it in the mail

I am worried that they would not be acclimated to the sun, where is a good place for these trees that I can place them all in which they will be happy, full sun, partial shade, or something else?

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 6E3898D7-FC3B-403B-8851-8F6FDBA4CC72.jpeg
    6E3898D7-FC3B-403B-8851-8F6FDBA4CC72.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 58

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My Chinese elm gets almost full sun. Just as much sun as my junipers

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
A northwest facing balcony is not full sun, but it does have several hours of direct sun in summer. All of the trees can take full sun, juniper, Chinese elm and Nanking cherry. Just put them out in the brightest location you have on your balcony an hope it will be enough sun. Actually, it should be okay, but in reality all 3 trees could tolerate an even brighter location.

szxnx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lol they were talking about the cover on your table. It says to remove before use.
hahahaa it's one of those fireplace tables we usually just keep the cover on unless we're using it (barely ever) so it makes a perfect spot that i can check up on the trees

Top Bottom