Where to acquire / look at bonsai stands

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I ordered a stand from Bonsai Outlet that I think I'm going to need to return as it's too narrow. It seems like the usual suspect etailers have a general range of commercial stands available, but I'm curious what other folks are looking at when setting up displays?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You can try eBay. You might search for “bonsai tables” or “bonsai display stand”.

The selection may vary.

Then, there are the “bonsai auctions” on Facebook.

And, the larger bonsai shows often have vendors with stands.

David Knittle makes the best stands in the USA. He’s expensive and has a waiting list. You might try “theartofthedaisa”. (Google it). He makes good stands. Sean Smith is known for his stands.

Local clubs often have auctions, and retiring members often sell their stands.

There’s a limited market for bonsai stands. Most people who practice bonsai never show their trees and have no need for stands. So, if you find a good one, get it! You never know if or when you might find another one like it.

Oh... I nearly forgot... the Pros like Bjorn and Ryan Neil might have stands for sale. They will be expensive, however.

Haines' Trees

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Are you in the market for a fancy display stand or just something to put in your yard to keep your trees off the ground?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Are you in the market for a fancy display stand or just something to put in your yard to keep your trees off the ground?

I mean "fancy" has various meanings. I'm not looking to set up a true formal display - I really just thought it'd be nice to have for a tree inside. So in terms of investment, I can't say I'm looking for anything crazy. Might be a tall order from the sounds of it!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thanks @Brian Van Fleet . I have been dabbling lately. What are you looking for @badatusernames ?

Yeah I'd love to see what you've been doing! Honestly, I had a 13 or 14" yellow oval pot and I was looking for something not too over-done. My original interest had been something sleek and dark. The stand I got is actually pretty bang on length-wise, it's just about 2/3 or so as deep as it needs to be.

My general thought was that I'd get it for my largest pot and then as I moved whatever tree was on the table, something smaller could look good as well.

I guess I didn’t realize what I was getting into haha

9BnAoG3.jpg

hBvdWhu.jpg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Start here.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
But you can also look at all of my work at my website. You’ll find furniture and other objects that may translate to what you want. Or on my Instagram page where you’ll find the biggest selection of images.
@dannyhartdesignstudio

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
those look great - on my phone now but ill take a look when i get to a computer

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
those look great - on my phone now but ill take a look when i get to a computer
Thanks! Stands have been something newer I’ve been playing with but I’ve been a woodworker for 17 years now and have owned my own design biz for 5. Everything I’ve made in terms of stands is a bit more out there, but I could execute some pretty straightforward looks.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I still make stands as a hobby and for my own use during the winter. With the market as it is there is no way to get enough money out of one to justify the time that goes into it, which is probably why there aren’t many making good ones. It’s still fun to challenge myself with new designs and techniques though.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
But you can also look at all of my work at my website. You’ll find furniture and other objects that may translate to what you want. Or on my Instagram page where you’ll find the biggest selection of images.
@dannyhartdesignstudio
This is a nice web page and really nice designs!

Top Bottom