Where to buy bonsai supplies ?

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sign up to local bonsai club and they will give you the best advice in your area.
Also depends what you are looking for - tools, pots, fertilizers, pots etc that all can be bought online after a bit of research.

Since pandemic started i only buy in local shops, i want local business growing, dont let amazon and other big corporates to take the whole market! Go local!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
yea you are going to have to shop around. There are lots of places online but I dont buy everything at just one place.
There are also some things I buy from green house supply stores and places like that

I dont know what its like in Ireland, but its not so easy to say "go local".
I am on Long Island, NY and we dont have what I would call a real bonsai place here.
There is Bonsai Boy but they mostly carry low end stuff. Ive gotten a few basici things from them like soil scoops and sieves.
All their pots are very cheap chinese knockoffs, and most of their trees are ram rod staight seedlings stuck in pots with no training for bonsai other than being trimmed back if their branches get too long.
Noe of them have ever seen a piece of wire for shaping ever.

Places I shop at online:

Bonsai Outlet
Eastern Leaf
New England Bonsai Gardens
Bonsai Vision
International Bonsai
Hollow Creek ( I think hes out of buisness now though, his website is down)
Super Fly Bonsai
American Bonsai Company
Bonsai Tonight
Greenhouse Mega Store
Stuewe & Sons

Im sure there are others that I can think of at the moment

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
For on line sales, don't forget Stone Lantern publishing. Books, magazines, & supplies.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
yea you are going to have to shop around. There are lots of places online but I dont buy everything at just one place.
There are also some things I buy from green house supply stores and places like that

I dont know what its like in Ireland, but its not so easy to say "go local".
I am on Long Island, NY and we dont have what I would call a real bonsai place here.
There is Bonsai Boy but they mostly carry low end stuff. Ive gotten a few basici things from them like soil scoops and sieves.
All their pots are very cheap chinese knockoffs, and most of their trees are ram rod staight seedlings stuck in pots with no training for bonsai other than being trimmed back if their branches get too long.
Noe of them have ever seen a piece of wire for shaping ever.

Places I shop at online:

Bonsai Outlet
Eastern Leaf
New England Bonsai Gardens
Bonsai Vision
International Bonsai
Hollow Creek ( I think hes out of buisness now though, his website is down)
Super Fly Bonsai
American Bonsai Company
Bonsai Tonight
Greenhouse Mega Store
Stuewe & Sons

Im sure there are others that I can think of at the moment
Thanks so much for the list of websites because the closest store is 2 hours away

Top Bottom