Where to buy premixed bonsai soil for my shimpaku junipers

Reaction score
I cannot believe I am actually asking this question but here goes. Where on line could I buy premixed soil for my Shimpaku Junipers.

without ugly details, my newest pictures from my doctor have recommended that the mixing I have done for years is about over.

He and others strongly suggest that I buy premixed soil if I continue to want to work on or repot my Junipers.

I am stating Junipers only as a lead in as I have other trees but I think you all out there would know of places on line I could buy premixed soil though I know it would be pricey and shipping will knowingly cause me more pain.

As I adapt to my new situation, I will ask for your expertise in other areas but I assumed this would be a good place to begin.

Ward

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
If you have lung disease, I'm a fellow sufferer. It keeps me away from my trees more days than not. However, mixing soil should not be an issue. You can get very efficient masks with built-in filters for $30 per 100 or so.

I'd highly recommend that over paying money for generic bonsai dirt AND shipping costs.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are a few places to start your search.
Just google these names
The Bonsai Den
Hollow Creek Nursery
Wee Tree
Satsuki Bonsai-en
Bonsai West

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brussels bonsai
Dallas bonsai. Has a lot of soils.

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their kind responses. I will look into each of them. My problem is not the dust(been a woodworker for years), and those projects got small. Mine is neurological combined with degeneration of my bones. It is inherited, will get worse but I will stop doing everything I can until they prey my tools, my bible and my BBQ Ribs from cold dead fingers!

Keep any more places or ideas. I will respond by giving you all a monetary breakdown of what I found!

ward

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi there,

You are in Pasadena, you are a stones throw from Roy Nagatoshi in Sylmar CA. He can mix you anything you want as he has piles of all the makings in his nursery.

For a little longer drive to Lakewood CA is House of Bonsai. Ask for my good friend Vicky Lee and tell her what you want and she can show you many bags of pre mixed soil very cheaply. No need to buy out of town and pay shipping, you are in Bonsai Nirvana. You are not far from the yearly convention for Bonsai.

Click here for all the details

Reaction score
where to buy premixed Bonsai soil

Thanks "Smoke"
I will check it out!
ward

Top Bottom