Where to buy Shimpaku Whips online?

Mame-Mo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
So I come across Shimpaku cuttings fairly regularly on online auctions and shops, but they are very often very bushy/stubby. I've come across growers from old links on here and other sources and they always seem to be sold out, or don't offer shimpaku varieties anymore. I bought one from an auction that I thought would be just a whip, but it's also more like a small stump with 5 whip-like trunks growing out of it. Is there anywhere/anyone who just sells Shimpaku cuttings that are just simple long whips?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So I come across Shimpaku cuttings fairly regularly on online auctions and shops, but they are very often very bushy/stubby. I've come across growers from old links on here and other sources and they always seem to be sold out, or don't offer shimpaku varieties anymore. I bought one from an auction that I thought would be just a whip, but it's also more like a small stump with 5 whip-like trunks growing out of it. Is there anywhere/anyone who just sells Shimpaku cuttings that are just simple long whips?
Try www.evergreengardenworks.com - The Shimpaku I've bought from Brent in the 4" pots are usually pretty whippy.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Brent does all of his own growing and cutting from my understanding, so yeah he does run out of things sometimes. It would not be a waste of your time to email and ask about it though - he responds pretty quickly and will let you know when your next best chance to get material is. Its worth the wait, I've bought trees from several different vendors online and his are always the healthiest. Haven't had one croak on me yet and I make a ton of mistakes.

Top Bottom