Where to find bulk pumice in or around New Jersey

ironliver316

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I went a little crazy in my start of this hobby the past 2 years, and bought a ton of nursery stock, most of which needs plenty of development. I'd like to get them all repotted into grow bags, and would like to go the way of Telperion Farms and use pumice and compost. Problem is that I have around 100 trees to pot up, so buying by the bag online will cost a fortune. So does anyone have a lead on a stone yard in NJ or a surrounding state that sells pumice directly by the pallet or truck load? Or an alternative to pumice that's cheap? Or a better soil mix for a grow bag?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I went a little crazy in my start of this hobby the past 2 years, and bought a ton of nursery stock, most of which needs plenty of development. I'd like to get them all repotted into grow bags, and would like to go the way of Telperion Farms and use pumice and compost. Problem is that I have around 100 trees to pot up, so buying by the bag online will cost a fortune. So does anyone have a lead on a stone yard in NJ or a surrounding state that sells pumice directly by the pallet or truck load? Or an alternative to pumice that's cheap? Or a better soil mix for a grow bag?
You could always try Napa #8822 floor dry (Diatomaceous earth) it’s like $11 a bag.

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If you find out, let me know. I think most of the big suppliers are out west. My local hydro shop has it $15 per cubic ft which is pretty damn good but the particle size is a bit big.

Top Bottom