Where to find heavy gauge copper?

Oleg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Once you have a Scrapper or 2 willing to sell you their copper for twice what they'd get and half what you'd pay, your supply will be unlimited and much greater than others'.
That is exactly what I was thinking, there's a supply chain in scrap. They put bungalows in dump trucks in less than a day around here, each one is grounded, that's a good start, thanks.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is exactly what I was thinking, there's a supply chain in scrap. They put bungalows in dump trucks in less than a day around here, each one is grounded, that's a good start, thanks.

The best way for a Scrapper to take chance out of their every day income is to make connections. There is just as much or more benefit for them to have a place to schedule transactions as there is for us to ask.

I haven't met a Scrapper that wasn't smart as hell and willing to make deals that ALWAYS seem better for me. Case a beer for a week of steel garbage we'd have to move and haul? Done.

They'll seek it out for you.

This type of relationship, this benefit, between scrapper and Bonsai Artist, is very Singular. There isn't a more economical way to get wire.

By buying it from the store, we are risking sea creatures in shipping, air creatures in processing, more air creatures by reprocessing with annealing, then paying more for all that opportunity to ruin our planet, which is kinda the entire reason we have this anyway.

I think buying wire from the store is D.A.F.

#smartcycle

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I walked 4 medium flat rate boxes to the post office today on a 2per side twine mulepack!

Scored on the way home!

With a bonus knife for stripping!

20210330_104704.jpg

Tin Coated Copper.
20210330_105129.jpg

Blip!

Sorce

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I walked 4 medium flat rate boxes to the post office today on a 2per side twine mulepack!

Scored on the way home!

With a bonus knife for stripping!

View attachment 364548

Tin Coated Copper.
View attachment 364549

Blip!

Sorce
Sorce that is aluminum coated copper wrapped in cloth. That is what my house is wired with, built in 1947.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
PM me with respect to a Canadian source for copper wire! We are on opposite sides of the country but if speed of delivery is not an issue then shipping cost might work. I have sizes #20 through to # 4. I purchase soft drawn , coil appropriately, then anneal for Bonsai purposes.
Not shipping internationally, and not sure if the shipping cost to your location will make sense!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Julian’s wire is ok.

Peter Tea is also selling annealed copper. His web site is ptbonsai.com.

Top Bottom