Where to find market for a new Bonsai product around the world?

Sakadama

Sapling
Reaction score
Hello,

A good friend and now also business associate asked me to bring his new Bonsai product which is better than and eliminates the need for Akadama to the market around the world (see this post if you want to know what new product exactly: https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/new-better-product-on-the-market-to-replace-akadama.52337/ . There are a few persons who he asked to be his agents. Different countries will be appointed to the ones that are an agent. I am from origin not a Bonsai knower. Before he asked me and I dived into a lot of info I did not know anything about Bonsai except that I did found it mostly pretty trees. Now I know a lot more but am still very much learning and enjoying that as it is an interesting branch. I am trying to find out in which counties Bonsai is big and where I have the best changes to find a big market for this product. Can you Bonsai knowers help with this? What are good countries to have on my list?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Who is your partner and why doesn't he know? I'm confused about what has been dumped into your lap to deal with - it seems like they didn't give you much guidance

Sakadama

Sapling
Reaction score
There is nothing dumped in my lap. My partner does business with his products in Africa, where his product originates from for a long time. With de soil, he mines he makes a range of different products. He came in contact with a bonsai expert who thought there should be a better product than Akadama and thought his soil was the way to do it. So they developed and tested Sakadama together. As he is a friend of mine one day we got to talk and he joked about sending me a pallet of his new product to look if I could sell it. Over time this grew into a serious plan and he asked me to sell at first in Holland where I am from, but since the product is doing so well he decided to sell it all around the world. He asked me to give him a list of countries for which I wanted to be responsible. I see no problem.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ah, I see! I can’t drill into the country level but I’ve had the impression that there’s a bigger market there than the US…. Someone else will know better. Like, I know Mauro Stemberger is from Italy and Harry Harrington is from the UK, but I don’t know if it’s because it’s a particularly large market or because they’re just particularly good.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Consider contacting Trophy / Noelanders and see if you can get a seller stand, plenty of bonsai shops and sellers have a stall. It's one of the, if not the biggest bonsai event in Europe.
Best place to meet people, advertise your product and get your name out there.
I don't know the visitors numbers for the place, but I estimate about 5000 people for the weekend.
Since they're already advertising and already have a date set, I think you have a small window of time left, but I really don't know how that end of the event works; I'm just a visitor.

Top Bottom