Where to find this tool?

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
For removing bark on Juniper, anyone know? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 119

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Obviously they have them in Japan. Second floor of the Green Club I saw them last, tool dealer right near the stairs.

Check with Jonas, (bonsaitonight.com store for those who don't know) he's been getting a lot of Kaneshin tools in lately, he may even have this one. I have some of the steel handled version, they're $75. I think Jonas sells them too.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That is a specialized Masakuni jin carving tool. I like them a lot. It's the one labeled C on this image.
image.png

It can be purchased through California Bonsai Studio here:
http://www.californiabonsai.com/product/wood-handle-jin-carving-tools-by-masakuni/

Or you can try Qbonsai on this site. I like this tool. It's my favorite in the Masakuni line of carving tools.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or a ground down butter knife.

Or a dull pocket knife....

Or a section of clam shell...

Or a thumbnail....

Or a roofing nail head....

Or a sharp piece of slate....

Or a bottlecap....

Or a possum shoulder blade bone....

Sorce

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate it, big fan of Bonsai Tonight I'll have to ask Jonas first. CA Bonsai is great too, Good prices for Masakuni

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Sweet possum scapula and skull! Use some peroxide and whiten those babies up! Look great on your new mantle.... or above your bed!

Reaction score
I think you can make it yourself or remake it from other gardern tool, i can not name this one

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I used that tool to remove bark from a Jumiper, and Yenling83 is right... It works great!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah? But can it also pry open a stubborn mollusk? True test of a multi-purpose tool if you ask me! ;)
I don't eat oysters, so I could care less about its ability to open them.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I don't eat oysters, so I could care less about its ability to open them.
Your loss man! They are ugly, but if I let the looks of stuff deter me... Well I will leave that alone... Let's just say if you blindfold yourself at an oyster roast and get a couple steamed RIGHT, most people change their tune real fast!
We like to make Oysters Eleanor- open it up, cut it free but leave it on the half shell- cover them with bacon, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese, stick em back on the fire to melt the cheese.... Ya'll just don't KNOW!

Now that this thread is fully derailed... I will stop making mollusk jokes and let ya'll talk about the tool... Seriously... I'm done. Promise! ;)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Your loss man! They are ugly, but if I let the looks of stuff deter me... Well I will leave that alone... Let's just say if you blindfold yourself at an oyster roast and get a couple steamed RIGHT, most people change their tune real fast!
We like to make Oysters Eleanor- open it up, cut it free but leave it on the half shell- cover them with bacon, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese, stick em back on the fire to melt the cheese.... Ya'll just don't KNOW!

Now that this thread is fully derailed... I will stop making mollusk jokes and let ya'll talk about the tool... Seriously... I'm done. Promise! ;)
Ok, I'll make ya a deal...

I'll take the sautéed onions, bacon, cheddar cheese...

You keep the oyster!

Top Bottom