Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
WOW! That is steller - TY for showing :D

zhoberg

Seed
Reaction score
OK, now I've chickened out about chopping it. I would hate to cut too much off. Brian's advice seems reasonable - reduce the shoots and give it another year. Just repotting will be a big enough project for now.

But...I feel like I could change my mind again any minute now. With the 6:1 height ratio law, my 5" dia. trunk means 30" or less for height. I could see chopping at Mike's red line too. What to do, what to do.

Maybe the nebari isn't as bad as I thought. We'll see at repotting time.

Those aren't suckers in the pot. They're cuttings of Rhus integrifolia and something else (I always think I'll remember what things are so I don't make labels, hah). If I do find any suckers though I will remove them.

Thanks for the advice!

Sharon

A complete aside from the rest of this thread - this is the only place I've seen Rhus integrifolia mentioned in a bonsai context: have you had any experience with them / do they work well? I bought one early this season and have just started working on it, and am wondering if there's any know-how out there about them.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A complete aside from the rest of this thread - this is the only place I've seen Rhus integrifolia mentioned in a bonsai context: have you had any experience with them / do they work well? I bought one early this season and have just started working on it, and am wondering if there's any know-how out there about them.

Welcome to Active Crazy Z!

Sorce

Top Bottom