Where to purchase display stands?

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
HI All,

I am getting close to presenting my bonsai at a show for the first time, but do not have any bonsai stands. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to purchase stands? The facebook groups randomly have stands, but not consistently and usually only 1-2 available at a time.

Thanks!
Lars

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Also ask if you can borrow one forom a friend. Bonsai display stands are not used very often, but you need to have an inventory of them to fit the tree/pot. So, once you start to acquire them, get all different shapes and sizes. And share with a buddy. That way, you can help each other out.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Also ask if you can borrow one forom a friend. Bonsai display stands are not used very often, but you need to have an inventory of them to fit the tree/pot. So, once you start to acquire them, get all different shapes and sizes. And share with a buddy. That way, you can help each other out.
Hey Adair, can you be my buddy???? ;)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sean Smith makes stands, and I’ve purchased some from Mendocino Bonsai as well.

There are usually vendors at the major bonsai shows selling stands.

Most of the ones on eBay aren’t very good, but that is another source to check.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Sean Smith makes stands, and I’ve purchased some from Mendocino Bonsai as well.

There are usually vendors at the major bonsai shows selling stands.

Most of the ones on eBay aren’t very good, but that is another source to check.
HI All,

I am getting close to presenting my bonsai at a show for the first time, but do not have any bonsai stands. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to purchase stands? The facebook groups randomly have stands, but not consistently and usually only 1-2 available at a time.

Thanks!
Lars

I really liked the time I spent rooming with Dave Knittle when I vended at ABS in Saratoga Springs. He is a stand up guy and his stands were amazing.

Top Bottom