Which is the best field to invest money?

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Depending on what happens over the next few months you would probably do best for your family by investing in non-perishable food, at least a years worth. You may not make money on food but you wont lose either; it just ain't sexy. Economies world wide are in trouble and we may be headed for a world wide economic melt down that could make "The Great Depression" look like a short pay check.

For the first time since I was born Real Estate values are on the decline, and I'm 66.

Also consider gold, guns, gas masks, potassium iodide tabs, building bomb shelters, seeds, water purification systems, body armor, and ,of course, duct tape.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Also consider gold, guns, gas masks, potassium iodide tabs, building bomb shelters, seeds, water purification systems, body armor, and ,of course, duct tape.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Your avatar at the bottom of the page sums it all up for you: Let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may. If you sit in the shade of a cows ass and refuse to move, or make the cow move, then when the chips fall they fall on you. You are a young man with a lot of dreams in your future it would be a shame to know that in evolving you actually devolve.

Do you see anything good coming from the direction the present government is taking us? The President himself said that the era of free enterprise is over and that run away capitalism is no longer the answer. Government control of the economy is the answer. Do you want some Washington troll to tell you that you cannot collect trees from the cascades? Do you want to be told what you can eat or cannot eat? Do you want a government to tell you that the job you are doing is irrelevant and that you have been assigned to some more productive endeavor? This is where we are going.

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your avatar at the bottom of the page sums it all up for you: Let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may. If you sit in the shade of a cows ass and refuse to move, or make the cow move, then when the chips fall they fall on you. You are a young man with a lot of dreams in your future it would be a shame to know that in evolving you actually devolve.

Do you see anything good coming from the direction the present government is taking us? The President himself said that the era of free enterprise is over and that run away capitalism is no longer the answer. Government control of the economy is the answer. Do you want some Washington troll to tell you that you cannot collect trees from the cascades? Do you want to be told what you can eat or cannot eat? Do you want a government to tell you that the job you are doing is irrelevant and that you have been assigned to some more productive endeavor? This is where we are going.

Amusing dissection of my movie quote, Vance. Let's just have it your way and agree the sky is falling. (And how can you be sure I wasn't being serious? ) In Any case, Happy New Year to you.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Amusing dissection of my movie quote, Vance. Let's just have it your way and agree the sky is falling. (And how can you be sure I wasn't being serious? ) In Any case, Happy New Year to you.

I can't be sure of anything; if that was the case I would be wealthy beyond avarice. However; look at the political landscape and tell me all is well.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't be sure of anything; if that was the case I would be wealthy beyond avarice. However; look at the political landscape and tell me all is well.

You got that all screwed up Vance....

It goes: Piss on my shoe and tell me it's raining........

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Siiinnnnggginn in the Rain, just siiinnnggginnn in the rain, what the ..........:cool:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I would say Krugerrands in a Mason jar buried in the flowerbed.

Harry

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my portfolio is very overweight in energy stocks. The whole sector tends to follow the price of a barrel of oil, though not always in lock-step. There may be short term fluctuations, but it's hard to make a convincing argument that the price of oil will be going down in the long term. Supply issues (peak oil?), demand issues (BRIC countries expanding), instability in the mid-east, all point to higher prices.

SDRL is my largest holding. a deep water driller with big free cash flow and a huge dividend.

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Mat i don't know, i reckon with all our free energy resources ,oil could become a has been.I hear they can now generate electricity out of air.If + when the controllers allow all this technology to surface,the arabs can take their black gold + shove it...Harry you may possibly be onto a winner....

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
I didn't say invest in "oil stocks". I suggested investing in energy stocks, and many of those happen to trade similarly to the price of oil. Maybe I should have posted some additional stock tickers. I also own a few shares of PWER (a company that makes parts & pieces that the renewable energy market uses) and CHK (which primarily searches for and produces natural gas) among others.

There certainly is no "free energy". It all has a cost, whether it uses fossil fuels or not. I'm not saying oil will be our main source of energy forever, but that's where the money is being made for now, so that's where I'm overweight for the time being. I"m not sure who "the controllers" are, but if they suddenly decide to release their miracle technology, I'll just have to hope that all my stop-losses trigger as my oil stocks plunge to zero. For the near-mid future, I'm pretty sure we'll keep importing lots of oil from just about anyone who will sell it to us.

Top Bottom