Which is the best field to invest money?

mizz5540

Banned
Reaction score
Which is the best field to invest money? Share Market or Real Estate.

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
i think you are on the wrong forum.weren't you looking for wall street nut??:)personally i wouldn't touch the stock exchange right now,and property in my area has gone down the toilet-+ still going-the person who coined the phrase: 'as safe as houses' didn't understand global recession...

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hear often that buying a home isn't an investment, but there are many many homes available to buy as separate investments. Problem being is there are many many homes, and no one to pay to live in them, it's been suggested that the gov. put homeless in them.:rolleyes:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

Depending on what happens over the next few months you would probably do best for your family by investing in non-perishable food, at least a years worth. You may not make money on food but you wont lose either; it just ain't sexy. Economies world wide are in trouble and we may be headed for a world wide economic melt down that could make "The Great Depression" look like a short pay check.

For the first time since I was born Real Estate values are on the decline, and I'm 66.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Studies done by the Department of Agriculture in the late 1990s showed an overwhelming advantage to using the lower 40, especially when planted out in denominations of $10s and $20s.

Hope that helps.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is spam. Delete this clown from the forum....

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Yeah; maybe, but it's still an interesting discussion if it does not get ugly."

Um, until he/she starts gathering your email addresses and posting links...Spam is spam.

Anyway, isn't this site a privately-owned site paid for by the owner? This could wind up being at the very least, free advertising for this spammer...DELETE this

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
personally i wouldn't touch the stock exchange right now,and property in my area has gone down the toilet-+ .

Disagreed about touching the stock market, it is still a great time to get in for the long haul. Just as if you were starting bonsai, do some research. If you pick good companies with good leadership, in a growing industry now is a great time to get in there. I would be hesitant about real estate, but in reality, I am not sure the housing market can/will get much more depressed. There is a huge surplus of houses there, and you can get good deals. It is a complete buyers market and if you have money lying around, which is the main problem for most americans, then now is a great time to invest.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Didn't read this far down, didn't realize it was a spammer.

The question is begine on it's own, just don't click on the links. That's where you get into trouble.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Disagreed about touching the stock market, it is still a great time to get in for the long haul. Just as if you were starting bonsai, do some research. If you pick good companies with good leadership, in a growing industry now is a great time to get in there. I would be hesitant about real estate, but in reality, I am not sure the housing market can/will get much more depressed. There is a huge surplus of houses there, and you can get good deals. It is a complete buyers market and if you have money lying around, which is the main problem for most americans, then now is a great time to invest.

Only with discretionary funds. You have to remember one of the basics of economics: Everything is driven by supply and demand. If people do not have jobs and lose their homes it is true homes become affordable but, there must be people with jobs to buy them. Even Gold has no value basically, because; when things are desperate you can't eat it. I believe all of this is happening on purpose; but even if it isn't, the results are the same, we will, if something is not done by this next election, wind up like pre-WWII Germany. A people in total economic chaos looking for government to solve it's problem and someone with the gift of "Gab" to lead them.

Last edited:

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Only with discretionary funds. You have to remember one of the basics of economics: Everything is driven by supply and demand. If people do not have jobs and lose their homes it is true homes become affordable but, there must be people with jobs to buy them. Even Gold has no value basically, because; when things are desperate you can't eat it. I believe all of this is happening on purpose; but even if it isn't, the results are the same, we will, if something is not done by this next election, wind up like pre-WWII Germany.

Agreed with you these are not prosporous times. Still, having made a good return investing in 2008-2010, I would look at now as an opportunity. Clearly though the economy needs people to work and have disposable income for us to return to a healthier economy. We are in thr bottom of the cycle, you don't wan to wait to invest when it gets to the top. Just my opinion.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Agreed with you these are not prosporous times. Still, having made a good return investing in 2008-2010, I would look at now as an opportunity. Clearly though the economy needs people to work and have disposable income for us to return to a healthier economy. We are in thr bottom of the cycle, you don't wan to wait to invest when it gets to the top. Just my opinion.

You may not want to wait till the economy gets to the top but are you sure it has hit the bottom? I am not so sure. If things keep going the way they have been going you may see the dollar devalued to levels equal to the German currency before WWII. We are well on our way to doing just that. QE I and QE II and maybe even QE III. How many know what this quantitative easing really is? For those who have wondered it is nothing more than printing money to supposedly finance our own debt.

This in reality does nothing more than devalue the the dollar and create inflation. It means that your pay check, in real dollars, is now worth less and the cost of goods and services are going to cost more. When things cost more companies tend to lay off workers they can no longer support because the public can no longer afford the product or service that company offers. In order for the company to survive they have to charge more for their product and service or---cut cost by making their product cheaper in materials and workmanship----or lay people off, --or all of the above.

And now we have the streets of America flooded with people who are in essence demanding that the government take care of them and give them free stuff.

I do not see this administration doing anything to reverse this trend and if it is not reversed The United States will sease to exist as we have known her.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You may not want to wait till the economy gets to the top but are you sure it has hit the bottom? I am not so sure. If things keep going the way they have been going you may see the dollar devalued to levels equal to the German currency before WWII. We are well on our way to doing just that. QE I and QE II and maybe even QE III. How many know what this quantitative easing really is? For those who have wondered it is nothing more than printing money to supposedly finance our own debt.

This in reality does nothing more than devalue the the dollar and create inflation. It means that your pay check, in real dollars, is now worth less and the cost of goods and services are going to cost more. When things cost more companies tend to lay off workers they can no longer support because the public can no longer afford the product or service that company offers. In order for the company to survive they have to charge more for their product and service or---cut cost by making their product cheaper in materials and workmanship----or lay people off, --or all of the above.

And now we have the streets of America flooded with people who are in essence demanding that the government take care of them and give them free stuff.

I do not see this administration doing anything to reverse this trend and if it is not reversed The United States will sease to exist as we have known her.

Good points all around Vance I completely agree. I hope people think about that come next November. I picture more a more stagnant market than a dropping one myself. A changing of the guards might just be what the market is waiting for.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Good points all around Vance I completely agree. I hope people think about that come next November. I picture more a more stagnant market than a dropping one myself. A changing of the guards might just be what the market is waiting for.

Things have degraded so much over the last three years that it will take more than a "Feel Good" attitude about the market to fix it. There are a lot of things that have to be undone and a lot of regulations that are hamstringing business, especially small businesses, that have to be done away with. Two biggies come to mind: Obama Care and the EPA, which during this same period has assumed dictatorial powers over the country making it impossible for new business to start up and existing businesses to continue to operate without drastic and costly change. Then we wonder and complain because business moves off shore? Busines owners have families to feed just like the rest of us. Problem is they have everything they own invested in their business----this is called risk.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Things have degraded so much over the last three years that it will take more than a "Feel Good" attitude about the market to fix it. There are a lot of things that have to be undone and a lot of regulations that are hamstringing business, especially small businesses, that have to be done away with. Two biggies come to mind: Obama Care and the EPA, which during this same period has assumed dictatorial powers over the country making it impossible for new business to start up and existing businesses to continue to operate without drastic and costly change. Then we wonder and complain because business moves off shore? Busines owners have families to feed just like the rest of us. Problem is they have everything they own invested in their business----this is called risk.

Another great post Vance. I completely understand business decisions made for the health of the company, and I think that is important in a capitalist society. I wish we didn't bail out the automakers because we basically missed a chance to weed out the ones who weren't being innovative enough, or chasing their bottom line enough to be a healthy company. There are always going to be winners and losers, what good is it if we give the losers some extra cash? To lose again?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Another great post Vance. I completely understand business decisions made for the health of the company, and I think that is important in a capitalist society. I wish we didn't bail out the automakers because we basically missed a chance to weed out the ones who weren't being innovative enough, or chasing their bottom line enough to be a healthy company. There are always going to be winners and losers, what good is it if we give the losers some extra cash? To lose again?

Which brings us to the current problem: Government should not be involved in business because they can play around with other people's money (ours), make the rules as they go along--- and lose it all with impunity (Solyndra and sundry other greenie businesses). We have allowed government to get too big and at the same time been sold a bill of goods that the Constitution is something upon which to crap so as not to get the floor dirty. But the problem remains: The one thing that protects us from government is the Constitution, and too few people in government take it seriously anymore, or sadly, too few even know what it says means and how it works. There is nothing in the Constitution that gives the government the right to engage in buying, selling, or running businesses, in fact it is disallowed.

energy0540

Seed
Reaction score
I think stock market is the best field to invest money.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I think stock market is the best field to invest money.

Investing in the Stock Market is in fact investing in the ability of a company, or business, to use your money so that it can grow, and at some point make your invested dollar worth more. The more government gets involved in the every day workings of these companies through regulations and hidden taxes, the less that invested dollar is going to grow because the company can't grow. You can't have it both ways. You cannot sit on the sidelines and scream that the rich are not paying their fair share, demand that they be taxed more and then complain that your stock investments, 401K, and so on are losing money, and companies are moving off shore, and laying people off.

In todays market the best investment you can probably make is to purchase storable food. If America goes the way of the Wiemar Republic we may find food the most valuable asset we have. You can't eat gold or investment cirtificates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom