White Cedar, should I collect?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This tree has really changed alot in a short 2 years...
View attachment 170864
Awesome potential! Nice progression to date. I favour a short powerful version like Brian Van Fleet suggested. I would also incorporate the idea of exposing more left side trunk by reducing top foliage pad size and moving it right. Some negative space on the left. I think G Hues suggested that as well.
Cannot wait to see the deadwood carving evolve. There are beautiful natural curves to complement the design.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would also incorporate the idea of exposing more left side trunk by reducing top foliage pad size and moving it right
Thanks guys, I agree with you here. Definitely will keep that in mind when working this tree in the spring.
Cannot wait to see the deadwood carving evolve
I don't plan to do much carving, I want to give the tree a really natural appearance and besides some additional cleaning of the deadwood I think the tree has a lot of natural interest and doesn't need my clumsy help in that department. I will post some more close ups of the deadwood in the spring. Let me know if you have a spot in mind where carving might be a good idea?

I always looking for hidden gems like that, but am not that lucky!
Thanks Chris, I am always looking too. A little luck is sometimes needed :).

Why not.... here is another photo. As you can see ready for some work.

IMG_9932.JPG

Top Bottom