White Chojubai cuttings to a cascade clump...

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
How easy is it to root the cuttings?
I have a quince that I put in the ground. Hopefully I will see it again in spring.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a quince that I put in the ground. Hopefully I will see it again in spring.
These came from Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks. I've not really tried to propagate much...I've only done cuttings from my Nippon Daisy chrysanthemum. Because of wanting to keep my collection manageable.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very easy in my experience, I took 2-3" hardened shoots stuck in fine soil (think it was June) misted them whenever I walked by maybe 2-3 times a day, think I only lost one out 15.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very easy in my experience, I took 2-3" hardened shoots stuck in fine soil (think it was June) misted them whenever I walked by maybe 2-3 times a day, think I only lost one out 15.
Mike, were these Chojubai as well?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks I will give it a shot this summer

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have a similar one that consists of several suckers that I allowed to sprout. I like the way you did a gradual cascade on the right side. Think I'll do the same with mine.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a similar one that consists of several suckers that I allowed to sprout. I like the way you did a gradual cascade on the right side. Think I'll do the same with mine.
Sounds like a great direction to take with it! One of my favorite styles using a clump.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is looking great @Cadillactaste

Love the unglazed, but ornate container. Can’t wait to see it in bloom!
Thanks...Sadly, it blooms while in the cold greenhouse. I've never brought it in to enjoy. I will try and remember to grab a shot when it does.

Top Bottom