White Growth in soil of my Plants Safe or Unsafe Any Advice?

Juic3dup

Seedling
Reaction score
Could it be minerals from the water I’m using I am using bottled water to water my plants. I don’t know if that makes a difference but it’s forming little white balls in the soil on all of my plants. Any tips or advice? And I do not know what the one with the flowers is called if anyone does, they let me know. I am fairly new to all this.

Attachments

• C2BEE2C3-21C4-4AC1-AF8D-4E38A0F1D5AC.jpeg
    C2BEE2C3-21C4-4AC1-AF8D-4E38A0F1D5AC.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 89
  • E485211B-45CE-4892-9F69-5A1A02690EEA.jpeg
    E485211B-45CE-4892-9F69-5A1A02690EEA.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 90
  • A6CD036E-2FDC-4695-B98C-4242C1B39332.jpeg
    A6CD036E-2FDC-4695-B98C-4242C1B39332.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 88

MeDupree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Could it be minerals from the water I’m using I am using bottled water to water my plants. I don’t know if that makes a difference but it’s forming little white balls in the soil on all of my plants. Any tips or advice? And I do not know what the one with the flowers is called if anyone does, they let me know. I am fairly new to all this.

Seems to be mushrooms...what's your soil mix and are these kept outside? Portulacaria Afra is a succulent plant and doesn't need the soil to stay moist all of the time.

Google Image Search says the pink floral plant is a Bougainvillea

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Both things I see are soil components. The white looks like perlite and the little balls are fertilizer that has been incorporated into the mix.

eugenev2

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The flowering plant is most definitely a Bougainvillea. Be careful with the watering, they don't like being too wet.
Also, depending on your goal for this one ie if you wan to thicken it up for example, its a vine type, so things like one big sacrifice branch doesn't really work to thicken it up, you will need many small shoots

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Well that tickled my childish humour. I was sure that the heading was “White growth in the soil of my pants”.

No one around here that can help you with that, love. 🤣

MeDupree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Both things I see are soil components. The white looks like perlite and the little balls are fertilizer that has been incorporated into the mix.

Closer look and I agree. Seems it's indoor potting mix covered with lava rock. The potting mix is rising to the surface apparently with each watering

MeDupree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Seems to be mushrooms...what's your soil mix and are these kept outside? Portulacaria Afra is a succulent plant and doesn't need the soil to stay moist all of the time.

Google Image Search says the pink floral plant is a Bougainvillea
I should've inspected all of the pots more instead of blurting out this half concocted mushrooms theory my apologies

MeDupree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well that tickled my childish humour. I was sure that the heading was “White growth in the soil of my pants”.

No one around here that can help you with that, love. 🤣
It's bonsai not boners 🙄

Juic3dup

Seedling
Reaction score
I have been monitoring it! And ive watering them less, it’s also been heating up (Florida) little more now that it’s summer, they have dissolved away, is must have been the perlite. It’s all gone now and they seem to be doing Great!
Thanks for the tips!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have been monitoring it! And ive watering them less, it’s also been heating up (Florida) little more now that it’s summer, they have dissolved away, is must have been the perlite. It’s all gone now and they seem to be doing Great!
Thanks for the tips!
That's odd. Perlite would not dissolve like that.

MeDupree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks for the tips!
Hmm I'm back to thinking it might've been mushroom if they've disappeared

Top Bottom