_MG_1794.jpg

_MG_1805.jpg

20.jpg

bonsaiTOM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Robert,
Your artistry amazes me. These images brighten up my soggy wet gray September morning. They bring me a bright smile. :)
Thank you.

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, they give me different mood as well...:)

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
elegant !! beautiful !! graceful !! serene !!

best wishes, sam

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have never been a big fan of bougainvilleas... partially because their growth habit makes them so much work. But I live these trees :) Probably the greatest compliment I can give is that they don't look like bougainvilleas :)

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of bougainvilleas... partially because their growth habit makes them so much work.

What do you mean of so much work ?

But I live these trees Probably the greatest compliment I can give is that they don't look like bougainvilleas

Because I don't train them for the sake of the flowers but a bonsai. And if they bear flowers, it's bonus...and it's true that it's not easy to train Bougenvillea as good bonsai and give flowers.

monza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice. Ok extremely nice!
Are they yamadori you collect locally?

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
What do you mean of so much work ?

Because I don't train them for the sake of the flowers but a bonsai. And if they bear flowers, it's bonus...and it's true that it's not easy to train Bougenvillea as good bonsai and give flowers.

At least the bougainvilleas in my yard throw off 3' woody, thorny sprouts in all directions that need to be trimmed several times per year :) That is - if you are going for the trimmed hedge look. I have some that I just let grow - and these are the ones that bloom so nicely.

Reaction score
Yes,normally if you prun as to bonsai, they don't bloom so nice...

Top Bottom