Who wants free crabapple seedlings?

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ok here’s the deal. I have a shit ton of 2 year old crabapple seedlings. 3 years ago I collected a bunch of seeds from a few ornamental trees planted along sidewalks in my city. They have just finished they’re second growing season. This past spring I pruned away the tap roots aggressively setting all of them up for good radial roots. They have an interesting variety of slightly different leaf shapes. They’re pretty much green leaved, some are green leaved with red veins. I’ve reserved all of the more red leaved trees for a forest planting I’ll be putting together in the spring.

I estimate I have around 70 available. I’ll get a better head count next week when it’s back in the 40s and standing outside is more bearable. I’ve given away a bunch at club meetings. I just can’t toss a plant on the compost heap so if anybody wants any number of these I will ship you them bare rooted in early spring if you pay shipping. Great for a crab forest planting. I can’t tell you when they will flower or what the flowers will look like since they are all from seed. Dennis Vojitilla has a crab forest from seed. Be like Dennis.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Im sure i could find a use for some .:) Would be happy to help out and take three off your hands.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is Pennsylvania alright? I'd be interested in two if possible. That'd be pretty cool.

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Actually, if you have enough could I take 4? Thank you so much for the offer, and how should we give you our information?

MavyBoy

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would love 3 or 5 if possible! These would be my first crabapples

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for all the interest everybody. Will get an accurate count this weekend. And then will check in again with everybody on how many they would like, priority goes in order of who posted first. I’m guessing I would be mailing these out in March or so? I will bare root them just before shipping. Also I’m not gonna send you one or two, since that’s a pain in the ass for me. so if you want one or two you’re getting 5 or something. Stay tuned.

arreaux

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Kinda late to the call, If any left I would like two of them...
ty

Top Bottom