Who's doing the bonsai two step

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I must admit...I've the tropical I'm shuffling now. But...I'm not complaining. Enjoying the early morning brisk walks with my Aussie dog Ahsoka. We head out with a flashlight...and arrive back with the most beautiful views of the lake before us. Living at a private association I feel quite safe out that early...though, I have a trusty can of pepper spray in my hand for any coyotes or stray dogs that may cross our paths. Snapped this the other morning...something about the mist rising off the water...

image.jpg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I brought my tropicals into the garage on Saturday and Sunday night. It was still to cold (48 degF) to put them out on Monday morning so I put them out after work.
Looks like Ill be able to keep them outside for the rest of the week. Temps will be good through Saturday and we will see what they predict after that.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Searching for Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.
And.....
You captured a fabulous magical moment with your camera. Might fine eye! Well done.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very nice view! When me and a bunch of buddies went camping many many moons ago in North Carolina, we see layer of fog just like that about a foot or two above the water. Like something from a fairytale movie. I don't see views like this in the city :(

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I didn't and was 48. Supposed to be 50s here for a few more nights. Maybe pushed them last night. Radio said 46

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Searching for Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.
And.....
You captured a fabulous magical moment with your camera. Might fine eye! Well done.
Thanks...I only had my phone as a backup flashlight since it's so dark when we leave . But I came up onto this view and paused. Then remembered I had my phone. Was so glad I was able to capture the moment. Waking in pitch dark...to the sun rising and this coming into view is just a beautiful thing.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very nice view! When me and a bunch of buddies went camping many many moons ago in North Carolina, we see layer of fog just like that about a foot or two above the water. Like something from a fairytale movie. I don't see views like this in the city :(

Had that this morning from the view of the lake off the dam. It was a sight to behold as well. Not as pretty as the first photo...but it was raised above the water as you stated.

You may not see views like this in the city. But I bet you have everything at your fingertips. You have perks in both places... but by your not seeing it as often makes you appreciate the times you do.20160927_202834.jpg

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Well Darlene,
I am still taking my chances. First morning since last year that it dipped near the 50's here in NJ. May Just leave them where they sit for another week or 2. I"ll start my tango mid Oct.---Then in 2 more they will be in for good.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very nice Darlene! But sometimes with all the outside noises, I just don't want to hear other people's businesses you know?

I don't think people can truly appreciate not just the view, but the sound and breezes and everything else unless they witnessed it in person. I gotta do more camping stuff again!

That's why I don't do tropicals.

Yet

10-brink

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
When I got into this hobby I decided I would avoid tropicals. My girlfriend doesn't subscribe to that idea, however, so we have a few. I suspect they will need to come inside in the next week or two.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The weather forecast for this week was for lows in the mid 50's, so I figured I'd be alright. However, that was for St. Louis, and I live in what they call the outlying area, like BFE. So probably more like high 40's. The raintree looked pissy this morning, so the tropicals came in tonight, just to be safe. Awesome views of the lake!

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6894273315_513c0b17ce_z.jpg
Escape[/url] by ed, on Flickr[/IMG] This was taken on a fishing trip early one morning on the St. John's River just out of Sanford Florida.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Weeeeeeeeeellllllllll Ms. Darlene [ sniff - in a hiphalutin voice :):):)]

It is getting colder here, back down to the low 70's in the morning.
Yup getting the mists in the valleys and when I get a good shot will show you,

Yes, we have nice nutcases who wonder out 5.30 a.m and walk around, but not too many.

There is a couple that walk only after 6.30 p,m in the evening, which is darkness down here.
They are trying to stay ghost white -------- I kid you not:eek:

Stay safe with those early morning walks - okay.
Stay well.
Good Day
Anthony

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very nice Darlene! But sometimes with all the outside noises, I just don't want to hear other people's businesses you know?

I don't think people can truly appreciate not just the view, but the sound and breezes and everything else unless they witnessed it in person. I gotta do more camping stuff again!

That's why I don't do tropicals.

Yet
I hear you...love the stillness of living where I do. Yes...do more camping...it'd good for three soul. To be in the midst of nature. Maybe make a collection trio while your at it.

I've three tropicals...and I'm glad it's not more. Just when one catches my eye...I try and talk myself out of it. A few aren't bothersome you move...but a large collection would be.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Weeeeeeeeeellllllllll Ms. Darlene [ sniff - in a hiphalutin voice :):):)]

It is getting colder here, back down to the low 70's in the morning.
Yup getting the mists in the valleys and when I get a good shot will show you,

Yes, we have nice nutcases who wonder out 5.30 a.m and walk around, but not too many.

There is a couple that walk only after 6.30 p,m in the evening, which is darkness down here.
They are trying to stay ghost white -------- I kid you not:eek:

Stay safe with those early morning walks - okay.
Stay well.
Good Day
Anthony
Thanks Anthony...woukd live a photo when you get a chance. We have the county's sharp shooter across the lake. And we do a lot of community functions that...I know just about everyone in our community. Lived here 26 years. We have a few new folk...but they too areally settling in to how we do things and getting to know ones as well. But again I have my dog at my side and pepper spray as well. I pass two other neighbors on my last loop starting out for their own walks. I am thinking of getting a reflecting coat for those early mornings. I tend to just step off the road and let the few cars pass I come across. Speed limit is 10 mph...some go 15 though. Still nothing like main road traffic.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
still pretty warm here - havn't had to play that game yet - I have two small tropicals so it'll be pretty ez when I do play that game

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Anthony...woukd live a photo when you get a chance. We have the county's sharp shooter across the lake. And we do a lot of community functions that...I know just about everyone in our community. Lived here 26 years. We have a few new folk...but they too areally settling in to how we do things and getting to know ones as well. But again I have my dog at my side and pepper spray as well. I pass two other neighbors on my last loop starting out for their own walks. I am thinking of getting a reflecting coat for those early mornings. I tend to just step off the road and let the few cars pass I come across. Speed limit is 10 mph...some go 15 though. Still nothing like main road traffic.
They make cool reflective gear for dogs too. The way dogs move around you'd be spotted quicker. Just a thought for your safety. Early morning walking is fabulous.

Top Bottom