Wide Taxus

Hans Vleugels

Yamadori
Reaction score
I worked on this Taxus today. Not the most stunning starting material, but we have to keep practising, isn't it?

It's coming from a car-parking hedge. Many people have stepped on it, and walked over it. It was a shortcut to the village. So I helped out those people by digging it out. (This was around end of 2005) Now nobody will stumble over this Taxus anymore... ;)

When going up this tree, the trunk stops abrupt. You can see clearly the trunk is splitten or broken off. Weird is that the trunk still was growing to the right, like a try-square. At that time I jinned and split some branches. I doubted a long time to remove that piece of trunk, but I have kept it. Gives it something 'unique', otherwise it was a bit boring, I think... But it still is a weird plant to style.

This is the result after styling it for the first time.. A taxus going 'wide'..

Height: 21 cm or 8,2 inch. (still a shohin :rolleyes:)

Width: About 31 cm or 12,2 inch diameter

Nebari measures about 7 cm or 2,8 inch in diameter.

It's not going to be a masterpiece, but I had my practice fot today... Hope you like it..

Regards,
Hans

Attachments

• Taxus baccata 17-11-2005.jpg
    Taxus baccata 17-11-2005.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Taxus baccata 01-10-2006 018.jpg
    Taxus baccata 01-10-2006 018.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 voor (1).jpg
    Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 voor (1).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 voor (2).jpg
    Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 voor (2).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 62
  • Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 1.jpg
    Taxus baccata 19-08-2007 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

BonsaiRic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hans,
I like it! Great styling on a difficult piece of material. the broken top and large upper branch makes it look like a mountain tree with its top broken over but not completely off.
Eric

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man, we sure lost a lot of pictures during the downtime....I certainly hope everyone will take the time and effort to repost. I'd hate to see content such as is missing here, lost for good.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man, we sure lost a lot of pictures during the downtime....I certainly hope everyone will take the time and effort to repost. I'd hate to see content such as is missing here, lost for good.
ill

Man I hate it when I agree, but that's so true!

Top Bottom