Wigerts Bonsai unboxing review!

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I decided to do this review to help people that want trees but are unsure/afraid to order trees and have them shipped.
Mind you it is summer (July 1st) and I live in North Carolina. The heat and shock of shipping in the hot months was definitely a concern but since this order was a ficus I gave it a shot. I’m glad I did!
The customer experience was first class as far as online shopping goes. After looking around their website Monday night I settled on the species I wanted to order, Ficus Ingens. I sent a message through their websites messing service that night. First thing Tuesday morning I had a reply and several pictures of individual trees to choose from. Once I chose my tree I was sent an invoice and very quickly and easily my order was officially placed. Internet shopping couldn’t get any easier than this!
I received my shipping notification first thing Wednesday morning and my tree was moving within the fedex system on the way to North Carolina by that evening. Here it is Friday and I’m writing this after receiving and unboxing my tree. It arrived in PERFECT condition, I think it only lost one leaf and I’m pretty sure I broke it off pulling the peanuts out of the box. I can’t say enough good things about the team at Wigerts Bonsai, the service and the quality of their products is absolutely top notch. Now…. On to the pictures!

This is how the box arrived. It was well marked and actually arrived with the right side up. Very important!
30A1A45D-E77F-4403-B67F-5FC047237134.jpeg
I also like how it had the proper stamping with Wigerts nursery permit info and certification for Floridas department of agriculture to ensure smooth and speedy, problem free shipping.
AF780520-DEE0-4C63-B7CE-0B67C80BBD80.jpeg
28AE4826-9490-4188-9AE5-EE963A73BDEA.jpeg
Upon opening I found brochures, information pamphlets and an awesome Wigerts Bonsai turtle sticker!
347D8C7B-981B-4AA2-8FCA-48D5039CB1A9.jpeg
And packing peanuts…. Lots and lots of packing peanuts….
3C89EFE5-369A-434B-90A3-4220865ACF37.jpegB5ECB84E-0A21-426F-9009-B515F962F47B.jpegAfter removing one handful at a time for what seems like forever I finally got them down far enough to pull the tree and pot up and out without making a complete mess 😁
2DF074AE-F131-495C-94FD-2D538A107E05.jpeg
I hate packing peanuts but they do work, it arrived in perfect condition! Once the shrink wrap was removed I finally get a good up close look at the tree I picked out 4 days earlier. I can see that this was an air layer at some point by the ball of sphagnum just under the soil line. I’m not complaining, for what it is it’s a fantastic little tree.
AFA16423-3823-4BFD-8F38-3FB30A2A2C9B.jpeg
867095EE-3A04-47C4-9D0C-832A33FA89C5.jpeg

Attachments

• 470B4FA7-FD37-422B-9525-0C25D6445601.jpeg
    470B4FA7-FD37-422B-9525-0C25D6445601.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 4

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice basal flair on this sucker too 0E4A0F58-F592-40FC-9452-AAE6F6CBB699.jpeg
7E511825-1CDF-4211-BCF7-EBA35C98AF18.jpeg
Here it is happy in its new home until I get my benches built
713928FB-1E42-4B6C-A157-7037A8300048.jpeg
In conclusion, Wigerts is super easy to buy from online. Their staff are very helpful and will work with you to find the tree you are looking for and help make it a pleasurable experience. Their trees are top quality stock. I definitely will be ordering from Wigerts again…. Even in the heat of the summer.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I decided to do this review to help people that want trees but are unsure/afraid to order trees and have them shipped.
Mind you it is summer (July 1st) and I live in North Carolina. The heat and shock of shipping in the hot months was definitely a concern but since this order was a ficus I gave it a shot. I’m glad I did!
The customer experience was first class as far as online shopping goes. After looking around their website Monday night I settled on the species I wanted to order, Ficus Ingens. I sent a message through their websites messing service that night. First thing Tuesday morning I had a reply and several pictures of individual trees to choose from. Once I chose my tree I was sent an invoice and very quickly and easily my order was officially placed. Internet shopping couldn’t get any easier than this!
I received my shipping notification first thing Wednesday morning and my tree was moving within the fedex system on the way to North Carolina by that evening. Here it is Friday and I’m writing this after receiving and unboxing my tree. It arrived in PERFECT condition, I think it only lost one leaf and I’m pretty sure I broke it off pulling the peanuts out of the box. I can’t say enough good things about the team at Wigerts Bonsai, the service and the quality of their products is absolutely top notch. Now…. On to the pictures!

This is how the box arrived. It was well marked and actually arrived with the right side up. Very important!
View attachment 444894
I also like how it had the proper stamping with Wigerts nursery permit info and certification for Floridas department of agriculture to ensure smooth and speedy, problem free shipping.
View attachment 444900
View attachment 444901
Upon opening I found brochures, information pamphlets and an awesome Wigerts Bonsai turtle sticker!
View attachment 444902
And packing peanuts…. Lots and lots of packing peanuts….
View attachment 444903View attachment 444904After removing one handful at a time for what seems like forever I finally got them down far enough to pull the tree and pot up and out without making a complete mess 😁
View attachment 444905
I hate packing peanuts but they do work, it arrived in perfect condition! Once the shrink wrap was removed I finally get a good up close look at the tree I picked out 4 days earlier. I can see that this was an air layer at some point by the ball of sphagnum just under the soil line. I’m not complaining, for what it is it’s a fantastic little tree.
View attachment 444906
View attachment 444918
They are 1st class for sure, never received a tree from them with any damage.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice basal flair on this sucker too View attachment 444919
View attachment 444920
Here it is happy in its new home until I get my benches built
View attachment 444921
In conclusion, Wigerts is super easy to buy from online. Their staff are very helpful and will work with you to find the tree you are looking for and help make it a pleasurable experience. Their trees are top quality stock. I definitely will be ordering from Wigerts again…. Even in the heat of the summer.
Nice. I didn't realize you could choose your own tree. I always shy away from some online purchases because I want to choose the tree, great info.

knowledge.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice. I didn't realize you could choose your own tree. I always shy away from some online purchases because I want to choose the tree, great info.

View attachment 444968
Just message them and tell them what characteristics you are looking for in the species you are interested in and they will do their best to find a few and send you pictures to choose from. It was a first for me too 😉

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I missed out on a tamarind auction from them by a few seconds earlier because I was eating dinner ...I will never eat dinner again ..Arggggggg!!!!!!

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do visit in person if ever in the area. Like a year around show there. Amazing place and they encourage you to hang out as long as you like and enjoy their displays.
Pics from my visit and embarrassed I spelled their name wrong in this title.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I get a kick out of the stickers they include with orders. Silly, maybe, don't care:)

Top Bottom