Wiggarts Bonsai is amazing!

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been wanting to check out this place for a few years now. We spend a lot of time 1 hr north of there and finally drove down on a whim.
I have never saw so many bonsai in one place and the variety was amazing. Hundreds of specimen trees of all shapes and sizes. And thousands of pre-bonsai in all price ranges.

I have bought several trees online from Andrea and she is just as nice in person. After I purchased my modest little 35 dollar Chinese Elm we were encouraged to stick around and look at everything. They have a new koi pond she wanted us to enjoy as well.
Even after she knew I was obviously not a high roller customer, I felt they would have spent as much time as I wanted them to with us. They were obviously very busy shipping many trees at the time.

I have never saw so many huge bald cypress in pots. I'm talking 8-12" trunks for a few hundred dollars.

We strolled around for an hour and took many pictures. I just felt the need to share a positive experience with a great vendor.

Thank you Andrea. 2 thumbs up!IMG_20200304_160252652_HDR.jpgIMG_20200304_160248389.jpgIMG_20200304_155700941.jpgIMG_20200304_155453712.jpgIMG_20200304_155312715.jpgIMG_20200304_155603366.jpg

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am always amazed at the size of field grown trees they share photos of. Glad to hear you had a good visit, they seem like really passionate producers.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't imagine how they can take care of all of that stuff. They had 3 employees there working but it seems impossible to even water all that daily in the Florida heat.

That last pic is a Tx Cedar Elm with amazing ramification. It has had to have hundreds of hours spent on it alone. Then multiply that by...IMG_20200304_155619944.jpg

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
After reading the scamthread, I felt the need to share a positive vendor experience.

Thanks! :cool:

The only tree I've ever bought without seeing it before cost me 80€ (about $70 ro sthg), and it included the share of petrol for the friend who brought it to me from 400 miles down south. There are still many people you can trust, fortunately.

2013 (80€) :

acerp-x0313_130318a.jpg

A few days ago (pot : 60 €) :

acerp-x0313_200306b.jpg

OK, OK, far from a Mach5 tree, but I'm quite happy with it so far ;)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’d love to have one of their 25$ Brazil rain trees but shipping is another $25 ugh.
I have bought a few dozen plants from Andrea. She will treat you right on shipping if you combine things. Otherwise, I would have a hard time shipping one to them for $25.
Definitely going to check out their nursery, but probably not until next winter.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought something from her a couple winters ago. Worries about shipping in winter had me pay them to keep it until the weather broke. $1 per week. LOL The excellent packing is worth the$25.
All good 👍 I'm not a paid spokesman. LOL
The amazing trees on display are better than any arboretum I've seen. Shear numbers of them is amazing. Worth a couple hours driving.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I am SO jealous. I would love to go there in person. I have bought a fair amount of trees from them, and I agree, Andrea is the best. She knows what I like and will suggest things I might like and is great about combining shipping. I may or may not have 4 trees being shipped from there on Monday. ;) Lucky you!

Reaction score
I’ve never met them or been there but through the internet I feel like i know both of them. Hands down they are very very great people!! Their name barely gets a mention in the bonsai world although they are doing great work, produce amazing trees and really live the bonsai life

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
One of many questions, Great looking nurse by the way. How on earth does one carry a huge tree home.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of many questions, Great looking nurse by the way. How on earth does one carry a huge tree home.
They have a huge forklift in the back ground of the pond pics. The one with my wife standing under would take a huge box trailer. The rest might fit in my dually truck. I like to see how many would fit:)
Nurse? My wife of 38 years take pretty good care of me but :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was browsing ebay out of sheer boredom. Wigert's had several trees listed that were getting alot of attention from bidders. I spied a James Walker bougainvillea that no one had bid on, so placed the minimum bid just because. I won. I knew it was to cold to ship at the time so Andrea asked me to let her know when I thought it would be safe. Sunday I let her know it would be OK to ship and added a few things, which made the shipping end up quite reasonable. They came today. I added a lavender bougie and 2 dwarf Barbados cherries. I'm very pleased with them all. I was really surprised by the size of the lavender bougie, damn good deal for $25.wigerts james walker200312_174340.jpgwigerts lav bougie.jpgwigerts dbc.jpgwigerts dbc3.jpg

abugoogoo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’d love to have one of their 25$ Brazil rain trees but shipping is another $25 ugh.
If you're still wanting one, keep your eye open on etsy, you can find ones in 4 inch pots in the $15 range. As soon as you get it, overpot it into a 2 gallon with a heavily organic mix that drains super well and leave it be. In less than a year, you'll have a 2 to 3 foot monster with a 1.5 to 2" trunk

Top Bottom