wild fig styling help

Mr Fever Tree

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi all..(new to bonsai's)

Styling help needed with this one plz. its a Wild Fig "Ficus Bertt Daywnana" I'm trying here guys but.....but.. just cant get an idea as where to from here. Its been planted in a 5inc X 1inc nice little pot, attempted root over rock and shohin, very little.. actually no ramification or defoliation taken place as yet, since only owned her from April 2010.
I see something here..and something there! but cant find the right line's! where to with the top stem?challenge me with advise please.

Have i made a misplacement here with this specie "I'm hoping not"

Attachments

• bonsai_ 032a.JPG
    bonsai_ 032a.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 85
  • bonsai_ 033a.JPG
    bonsai_ 033a.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 77

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
When you look at the second photo, it has the characteristic like it was growing out of a cleft between two rocks. If you want to continue with that idea, and depending how how much fiberous root you would loose, I would take off that knob at the base of trunk. If you do that, you could position another stone there so it would have that growing out of a cleft appearance. You could give more of an inward curve (L) and then ramify your apex from that. Think too about your branches and work them into a more horizontal position...try some other stones maybe on the flatter side.

Good luck with it.

lennard

Seedling
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like Ficus burtt-davyi .

Lennard

Top Bottom