Wild Pear #1

FedericoMelis

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We have lot of these here in my island, along with Pyrus spinosa, which is beautiful nonetheless!
There are outstanding super old specimen of pyraster in the mountains, but I've rarely seen a wild pyrus in nature that isn't amazing, small or large
I'll start collecting soon

dresdraconius

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
There is something about the way the trunk slants. It is so alluring. Catches the eye. It is almost like the curve on a katana. Would you please mind explaining how this trunk shape was achieved ? Thanks.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There is something about the way the trunk slants. It is so alluring. Catches the eye. It is almost like the curve on a katana. Would you please mind explaining how this trunk shape was achieved ? Thanks.

Nature did that. This is a collected tree.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Super ! 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

It's really good to see native trees that are rarely worked as bonsai and this one is really great : very natural-looking.

As for flowering, we all know that some species in their natural environment can take 10, or even 20 years to flower, so when potted, it is even more difficult.

But when it flowers, as one of my friends, Hans von Z., would say in the 70s, deraufkromiertenstahlsuperfuss ! 😄

I also have wild apple trees, and it's the same : almost 20 years later, when cultivated in a pot, no flowers yet. I suppose your Pyrus has more chance to flower since it was collected.

And the bark is superb, the bark of an old pear-tree.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello @Walter Pall
Having seen the gorgeous yellow/golden leaves on my own Common Pear this year (currently behind me in the garden), I've fallen in love with it again. Absolutely amazing colours.

I thought of yours, don't suppose you have any pictures of it at the moment? With the yellow leaves.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The Walter Pall Patented Archetype®

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Walter Pall any care recommendations / position (Sun, wind) for this species? I have a small one, sent to me from Kroatia in spring. Is seems to be unhappy, only growing some 10cm this year.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Walter Pall any care recommendations / position (Sun, wind) for this species? I have a small one, sent to me from Kroatia in spring. Is seems to be unhappy, only growing some 10cm this year.
That's normal. Full sun and rather high tempertures are required.

Top Bottom