Wild Plum

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I went to the blog and looked at the other episodes. What a spectacular collection of beautiful, magnificent [and massive] trees!!!

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I went to the blog and looked at the other episodes. What a spectacular collection of beautiful, magnificent [and massive] trees!!!
There are about ten times as many similar ones there and another 200 at Marija's garden.

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
The fascinating tree as most of it from their collections. Waiting for the spring pictures with flowers. Did it start to flower and bear fruits already, how are those plums behaving in this aspect?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The fascinating tree as most of it from their collections. Waiting for the spring pictures with flowers. Did it start to flower and bear fruits already, how are those plums behaving in this aspect?

Maris, this did flower already. They behave very well. This could have a thousand flowers or more next spring.

SilenceDogwood

Seedling
Reaction score

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Walter Pall Do you defoliate this species in the summer? Is this something you do on other Prunus species as well?

Your humble servant,
S. Dogwood

If a prunus is VERY strong I will do it. On Prunus mahaleb you can do it easier, on P. cerasifera i would heitate as it is the weaker species.

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Phenomenal tree! Any pictures from 7 years ago by any chance?
I just bought a Mahaleb from Marija. Not as big as this prunus but it's a start :)

Top Bottom