Will a black pine be ok for 8 days during shipping?

Flabonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I ordered a decent sized black pine and its being sent from Oregon to Florida though ups ground. I checked the tracking and it shows it wont be here until next Monday. So its going to be in a box for 8 days. I'm a little worried.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I ordered a decent sized black pine and its being sent from Oregon to Florida though ups ground. I checked the tracking and it shows it wont be here until next Monday. So its going to be in a box for 8 days. I'm a little worried.
This is a good time of year for shipping! As long as temperatures remain somewhat stable and it is packed well with air space, it should be fine.

Flabonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
This is a good time of year for shipping! As long as temperatures remain somewhat stable and it is packed well with air space, it should be fine.

Thank you for the response. Yeah hopefully it will be fine.

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Aftercare will be more important than shipping time. If it has active growth, reintroduce it to hot, direct sun a little at a time, giving it more sun gradually.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If this comes from Chris he knows what he's doing🤩.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
i have just had a young JBP returned as incorrect address. It got tuck in the middle of the covid mail fiasco and was in the box for a little over 2 weeks. It looks fine and went straight back on the bench with the others.
I think the dark, enclosed box causes a partial shutdown of growth so they do not seem to use as much water while in transit.
Trees can cope with delivery. We would not be shipping that way if it was a problem.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You could have just tried swimming to Cuba for an easier challenge!

If the shipping don't kill it, Florida will!

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I just had two trees come from Louisiana that spent 5 days in a box, even sent Fedex. They were fine, the only problem being, they were delivered to my idiot neighbor's house.

Flabonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
You could have just tried swimming to Cuba for an easier challenge!

If the shipping don't kill it, Florida will!

Sorce

I haven't had any issues going black pine down here. Here's one that I had growing for almost 10 years. I also have 30 2 year old seedlings that are doing well. I,m in zone 10a but only 15 miles from 9b.

Attachments

• BlackPine.jpg
    BlackPine.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 15

Flabonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Thanks for all the responses. It makes me feel better. I've never had a tree in shipping for more then 5 days. The pine is coming from Driftwood Bonsai.

Flabonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
i have just had a young JBP returned as incorrect address. It got tuck in the middle of the covid mail fiasco and was in the box for a little over 2 weeks. It looks fine and went straight back on the bench with the others.
I think the dark, enclosed box causes a partial shutdown of growth so they do not seem to use as much water while in transit.
Trees can cope with delivery. We would not be shipping that way if it was a problem.

Wow 2 weeks! That's crazy! You'll have to keep us posted on how its coming along.

Top Bottom