Will it bud?

gallina1594

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If I chop my American elm around the level of these surface roots, do you think it would push buds on the surface roots? The trunk is straight and has no taper, so I want to do an experiment!
IMG_20180422_165244659.jpgIMG_20180422_165301906.jpgIMG_20180422_165313314.jpg

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was that series of viral marketing videos from several years ago, “Will it blend?” They put a lot of crazy things like iPhones and golf balls into a blender and chopped, sliced, and puréed them. But, one thing I never saw them attempt to blend was a bonsai tree and now that the thought has occurred to me, I kind of want to see them try.

gallina1594

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was that series of viral marketing videos from several years ago, “Will it blend?” They put a lot of crazy things like iPhones and golf balls into a blender and chopped, sliced, and puréed them. But, one thing I never saw them attempt to blend was a bonsai tree and now that the thought has occurred to me, I kind of want to see them try.
I remember those! "I phone dust, don't breathe this!"

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Blendtec is actually located here in my city. I should take my casualty from the fall contest over and see if he'd make some sawdust out of it, lol!

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, that’s awesome. Glad you had success, is those in oil pans? I thought about buying some, they are cheap and a good size

gallina1594

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That is really cool! It looks almost like a ficus with those draping surface roots. I'm glad the chop worked out!
Thanks! I'm really trying to make it look far from it's naturally found conditions! Great thing about elms!

Top Bottom