willow leaf ficus

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
hey y'all,

i got this willow leaf ficus at a club auction last spring (good lord has quarantine/2020 in general goofed up my perception of the passage of time - seems like a long ass time ago as well as not so long ago??)

it revolted when i first got it and dropped all its leaves - i live in an apartment with no outdoors space and am Entirely an Indoors Boy - but recovered, then revolted again when i had a bad scale infestation in my greenhouse that i finally got under control this past winter

after about a year finally got it to where i was confident it was healthy enough to repot it. it was in a deepish clay pot that i think was retaining too much water as there weren't as many roots as i had hoped. however, there was a decent spread of feeder roots radially around the tree. didn't prune much off other than the roots growing out of the bottom of the tree and some crisscrossing ones that couldn't be redirected and needed to go

got it in this really sexy sara reynor pot that i absolutely adore. think this has some potential and am looking forward to seeing it develop!!

2xD33X0l.jpeg

tentative front
A0sDCg1l.jpeg

the rest of the tree
e3sMzpOl.jpeg

C1S3cK4l.jpeg

lxKisRWl.jpeg

thank you for reading

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
lol. When you said Sara Rayner pot, I was only looking at the first image in the terracotta and was really confused until I scrolled down. Cool ficus and cool pot.

Top Bottom