Willow Leaf Ficus

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I received this tree Friday, after traveling from Puerto Rico in the mail for four days. It stands at about 9" tall from the pot, and the base is 6" or so across (Komono is more appropriate than shohin correct, @Adair M ?). It came with this tokoname flower pot, which has some hard water build up on it that I will need to remove.

This is the first ficus I've worked with, so I'm excited to finally have one.

The roots are gnarly, somewhat attractive as they are in my opinion, but in the near future I will likely be working them to a more politically correct state.

Tomorrow I am going to unwire the branches (they're beginning to bite in) and take more pictures. Overall the branching is good, but has been grown to make a full silhouette image as opposed to a clean organized branch structure.
20200726_194938.jpg20200726_180519-01.jpeg

vp999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice little ficus...Dis you get it from Ebay or some other website ? I like what they're selling.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nice little ficus...Dis you get it from Ebay or some other website ? I like what they're selling.
I got this on one of the Facebook auction pages.

@JoeR ficus can take severe root pruning. I think this tree would look better if it were lower in the pot.
Thanks, I just received the tree but once its settled in I will begin root work. Big climate difference from PR to NC, I imagine.

Took the wires off today, some had bit in far more than my liking. Unfortunately the tree also has a chop scar that I hadn't seen in the pictures.

Attachments

Marren

Seedling
Reaction score
Good looking tree..I agree, I’d also remove the roots circling around the pot. Great nebari. 😊

Top Bottom