Willow leaf fig uk

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Hi people, my Mrs got me a willow leaf fig about a week ago. Every so often she get me a tree if she come across something unusual. After treating for scale insects which it had quite a few and waiting to see new growth I am ready to formulating a plan to progress the tree

Attachments

• image0000021.jpg
    image0000021.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image0000011.jpg
    image0000011.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image0000001.jpg
    image0000001.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image0000041.jpg
    image0000041.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 34

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Loved your hamster!

Have some Corned Beef with that Jameson and he'll definitely be making some do!

How was the scale treated?

Keep an eye out for returns, speaking of deposits!🤣

Sorce

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a

i've found regular spraying of my ficus (every ~3 weeks) with neem oil as well as using tweezers to remove any that set up camp has been a marked improvement in the overall health of my trees

and i've been enjoying a rotation of the following as a part of my post-tree work regimen ;)
12202512580638.png
BARRELPROOF_grande.png
OldGrand-DadBondedBourbon1L.png

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Welcome to Crazy!

Loved your hamster!

Have some Corned Beef with that Jameson and he'll definitely be making some do!

Keep an eye out for returns, speaking of deposits!🤣

Sorce
I treated the scale 3 ways. I manually remove as many is I could see then sprayed with rose clear ultra systemic pesticide waited for a few days then spray regularly with a oil based organic pesticide made by rezolver.
Monty the hamster was a great little character he is sadly no longer with us.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
i've found regular spraying of my ficus (every ~3 weeks) with neem oil as well as using tweezers to remove any that set up camp has been a marked improvement in the overall health of my trees

and i've been enjoying a rotation of the following as a part of my post-tree work regimen ;)
12202512580638.png
BARRELPROOF_grande.png
Good selection of after work beverages, similar pesticide plan to myself but I will also use a systemic spray in certain circumstances.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b

12202512580638.png
BARRELPROOF_grande.png

@slokra , I like 2 of your whiskey selections. The Evans William's Single Barrel is a particularly good modestly priced whiskey. Evan Williams less than 10 years old is not drinkable, but once it has the 10 years it is mellow, smooth and actually a pretty good deal. Not expensive either.

My recollection of Old Grandad was not great.

When drinking mixed drinks made with bourbon, Jack Daniel's is good enough.

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
@slokra , I like 2 of your whiskey selections. The Evans William's Single Barrel is a particularly good modestly priced whiskey. Evan Williams less than 10 years old is not drinkable, but once it has the 10 years it is mellow, smooth and actually a pretty good deal. Not expensive either.

My recollection of Old Grandad was not great.

When drinking mixed drinks made with bourbon, Jack Daniel's is good enough.

so the important thing about old granddad is that you absolutely cannot get the non-bonded version because it is, in your words, not great. the bonded stuff is pretty quality for the price point and it's one i have in my regular rotation. also makes a good manhattan or old fashioned if you're into that

the evan williams and elijah craig are, for their price points, about as good as it gets, though

Top Bottom