Willow water

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I searched the forum but only found one topic on the matter, and it was more about useing it to water with.

I was just reading about Harry Harrington's study on useing willow water to help in taking air layers or cuttings. It got me wondering if any of you use this method aswell or what your thoughts on this technique were. For those that dont know about it you can read up on it here.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have used it as I know the hormones are helpful for rooting cuttings, I have also used it at times on trees that had a stressful repotting with lots of root removal. Don't have any side by side comparisons though.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Interesting short read. Thank you for posting that. I've heard people talk about using water that willow shoots were rooted in as a "rooting booster" for other plants. Not having access to willow in my region I've not tried it but I can say I have used granular kelp and liquid kelp with good results to root growth.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Interesting short read. Thank you for posting that. I've heard people talk about using water that willow shoots were rooted in as a "rooting booster" for other plants. Not having access to willow in my region I've not tried it but I can say I have used granular kelp and liquid kelp with good results to root growth.
Yea for now atleast i might put to test the whole aspirin thing on a couple air layers i have planned next spring.

Top Bottom